Any updates on Stanton Auction?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Re: Any updates on Stanton Auction?

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

brianu wrote:3250 for an oak L door???
Whoops, yeah, that would be crazy crazy. I meant Oak VTLA.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I got an early Herzog Edison Amberola 1A in mahogany with the M reproducer. I already have an oak 1A, but it came with a Diamond A reproducer. But I got outbid on the cylinders within, which included two drawers full of Concert Blue Amberols with lids! Wish I could have got them. does anyone know what the leather-tooled Victrola Credenza went for? Marc.

Hit of the Week
Victor I

Post by Hit of the Week »

Victrola-Monkey wrote:Yep. $4k for the Oak VV-XVII and I like it more than my VE-XVIII serial #666, which I'm now willing to part with. Also, after previous heavy thought, I like the oak more than black lacquer. Can't wait to find out how much they went for.

How many Oak XVIIs do you think there are?
I would guess not very many.....
Would like to know how many oak VV-130's were made tho, as I have one...........

Iowa Dale

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

marcapra wrote:I got an early Herzog Edison Amberola 1A in mahogany with the M reproducer. I already have an oak 1A, but it came with a Diamond A reproducer. But I got outbid on the cylinders within, which included two drawers full of Concert Blue Amberols with lids! Wish I could have got them. does anyone know what the leather-tooled Victrola Credenza went for? Marc.

Marc,

The leather tooled Credenza went right around $650. Don't recall the exact number. I thought it was very reasonable, but the finish on the lid was not exceptional. (I would not be embarrassed by it however!)

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Wayne, how are you going to ship your wins?

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Only $650 for a tooled leather Credenza???
Refinished?
I thought the one pictured in the pre-auction photos looked pretty nice.
Was there more than one sold?
I would've suspected a higher hammer price.

Gene

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Marc, I'm gonna have to drive. My broken back and hip are like, "What!". This has to be my final Vic Trip due to physical degradation. At least with 3 of these carts (the other is already loaded), the pickup should be a breeze. Gonna set in the back foam boards and 4 sliders in the cart before sliding in each machine. Then add the other 3 sides and top foam boards, then add a few wraps of plastic Stretch wrap. The tie downs will be from cart to van, so no pressure will be on the Vic's... just me.
Attachments
IMG_2238.JPG

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Wayne,

Rooting for a stress-free and safe trip for you!
Let me know when you decide to go in for hip/knee replacement.
Maybe we could get a 2 for 1 price. :lol:

Gene

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gemering wrote:Only $650 for a tooled leather Credenza???
Refinished?
I thought the one pictured in the pre-auction photos looked pretty nice.
Was there more than one sold?
I would've suspected a higher hammer price.

Gene
No, not refinished. Just not an excellent original finish. Some wear & tear, along with some slight finish loss. I'm mainly referring to the horizontal surface of the lid. I don't want to bash it, especially if the new owner is reading this.

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Just thought I'd show off one of my purchases from last weekends auction. It's a U-S Banner Junior phono, it was sold with a broken reproducer which is pretty much the norm with these machines. The machine itself was so nice with all the striping crisp and clear, the bed plate was just dirty and the horn is in excellent shape, I decided even with the broken reproducer it would make a nice "shelf queen" in my collection.
US_chas.jpg
When I got it home and looked at the bag of reproducer parts I realized that only one piece was broken, the large oval ring that held the reproducer assembly in place and both pieces were there. With a little filing and some epoxy in just the right places the reproducer was fully functional.
US_Repro.jpg
The reproducers are shown in "neutral" position so both are retracted, when you turn the play control the reproducers slide to one end or the other and the appropriate unit is released to play the record.
I didn't do any cleanup on the reproducer assembly as the less you mess with pot metal the better off you are.
US_Jun.jpg
This is the machine on a Herzog 717 cabinet.

Chuck