Can anyone report on prices and items at Stanton's for

those of us who could not go?
Thanks,
David & Lerria

Canuk Phonographs
Victor II

Re: Any updates on Stanton Auction?

Post by Canuk Phonographs »

Another great auction. I thought prices had increased a little, which is a good or bad thing depending on weather your a buyer or seller. However, if you wanted an Edison Opera or Juke box, you missed your chance to buy one at a good price. Lesson, don't send 3 Opera's to an auction or multiple juke boxes.

Steve and Michael did a wonderful job and served a nice hot turkey dinner for all those who attended on the Thursday opening.

I look forward to the spring auction.

Blain
Attachments
DSC06826.jpg
DSC06824.jpg
DSC06822.jpg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

An excellent auction. I thought that prices seemed very healthy this time around. Hard to predict what drives the market on these sometimes. Some of the obscure, late 20's, Victor models that are hardly ever seen, brought some very strong money. My heartbreak was the Victrola 8-8, which went for $2400.00 to a phone bidder. I chased it as long as I could, but couldn't see going any higher than I did. Oh well.

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Post by Victrola-Monkey »

Wow, $2400 for the VV 8-8. I still don't know the results of my 4 absentee bids. I called them around noon and they said they hope to call the absentee bidders later today. It's been hard to have this kind of patience for the results of my crazy high bids made nearly a week ago for my most desired items. Does any one know what these went for:

40a-k Nipper Hanging Lamp
477DG Oak L-door
486DG Circassian L-door
670DG Oak VV-XVII

Thanks.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Victrola-Monkey wrote:Wow, $2400 for the VV 8-8. I still don't know the results of my 4 absentee bids. I called them around noon and they said they hope to call the absentee bidders later today. It's been hard to have this kind of patience for the results of my crazy high bids made nearly a week ago for my most desired items. Does any one know what these went for:

477DG Oak L-door
486DG Circassian L-door
670DG Oak VV-XVII

Thanks.

I can tell you what I was told, that 670DG went for $4000.00. It was very nice, but not without flaws.

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

JerryVan wrote:
Victrola-Monkey wrote:Wow, $2400 for the VV 8-8. I still don't know the results of my 4 absentee bids. I called them around noon and they said they hope to call the absentee bidders later today. It's been hard to have this kind of patience for the results of my crazy high bids made nearly a week ago for my most desired items. Does any one know what these went for:

477DG Oak L-door
486DG Circassian L-door
670DG Oak VV-XVII

Thanks.

I can tell you what I was told, that 670DG went for $4000.00. It was very nice, but not without flaws.
An oak XVII for four grand??
Really??

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Got the call and all four at:

40a-k Nipper Hanging Lamp $200
477DG Oak L-door $3250
486DG Circassian L-door $5500
670DG Oak VV-XVII $4000

...plus the 10% and the 3% fees.

Surprised on the price of the Nipper lamp, makes me think those Nipper stained glass pictures went cheap. The prices on the 3 Victrolas were expected. Hope any flaws don't give me buers remorse.

Victrola-Monkey
Victor III

Yep. $4k for the Oak VV-XVII and I like it more than my VE-XVIII serial #666, which I'm now willing to part with. Also, after previous heavy thought, I like the oak more than black lacquer. Can't wait to find out how much they went for.

How many Oak XVIIs do you think there are?

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Victrola-Monkey wrote:Yep. $4k for the Oak VV-XVII and I like it more than my VE-XVIII serial #666, which I'm now willing to part with.
The XVII was stunning, I must say. Every time I walked past it, it just caught my eye. The "flaws" were some missing floral carvings on the left front leg, (kind of minor), and some missing/broken edge trimming on the top of the right side record storage door. Likely from someone forcing the locked door when they couldn't find the key.

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

3250 for an oak L door???