Reproducer of a PAL model 507 portable phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VictorVV-X
Victor II

Reproducer of a PAL model 507 portable phonograph

Post by VictorVV-X »

Hello all, I have had this portable phonograph for about five years now and I have always intended to rebuild the reproducer, or have it rebuilt.
This is what it looks like.
IMG_E1966.JPG
IMG_E1967.JPG
I was wondering if there are any kits for this type of reproducer, or are there any kits that might work for it? I am thinking that it is a proprietary reproducer as I had a similar one on my Victor VV-X before I put a No. 2 soundbox on.

Here is a picture of the phonograph.
IMG_1968.JPG
Also, does anyone have any information on this phonograph?

Thanks in advance.
VictorVV-X

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: Reproducer of a PAL model 507 portable phonograph

Post by estott »

Plaza Music Company of NY City, their other suitcase portable was the REGAL. Probably made by one of three companies: Prime Mfg Co. of Milwaukee, Waters-Conley Company of Chicago, or BIrch Bros.

As to rebuilding, it should be fairly simple- unscrew the front and you'll see there are two gaskets of white rubber tubing. Replace those & that's it. As to the red rubber in the back you will need to cut a sheer of red rubber (I got some at Home Depot) and make your own.

VictorVV-X
Victor II

Re: Reproducer of a PAL model 507 portable phonograph

Post by VictorVV-X »

estott wrote:Plaza Music Company of NY City, their other suitcase portable was the REGAL. Probably made by one of three companies: Prime Mfg Co. of Milwaukee, Waters-Conley Company of Chicago, or BIrch Bros.

As to rebuilding, it should be fairly simple- unscrew the front and you'll see there are two gaskets of white rubber tubing. Replace those & that's it. As to the red rubber in the back you will need to cut a sheer of red rubber (I got some at Home Depot) and make your own.
estott, Thank you for the information and the help. Also, I have another one of these reproducers with a metal diaphragm, how would I replace this?

Thanks again.
VictorVV-X