Being Thankful for what we have!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Being Thankful for what we have!

Post by Curt A »

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families...

As an 8 year cancer survivor, someone who fell off the top of a 24 foot ladder and survived and also fell backward down a flight of stairs last year and broke my leg... I am blessed and truly thankful to be here and be able to celebrate with my family and friends.

Those close death experiences add another element of thanks, perspective, reflection and appreciation for family... The collecting is just an escape from the sad reality of what's going on around us daily and gives us something enjoyable to do instead of dwelling on the news...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Great topic. I am very thankful that this and other hobbies keep me going. I sit back and admire my collection, the people who helped build it. Also, the camaraderie and friends. The most important thing is my family. I fully understand what Curt said. I was injured real bad when I was in the Gulf. Working on my phonographs, model railroads, and general antiques alleviates the pain and gives me a better outlook on life. It is a lot better than the news and the crap on TV. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Harvey Kravitz

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

I am thankful for my family, especially my three great kids who are doing great beyond my wildest expectations despite the challenges of us immigrating into the United States from Germany. I’m also thankful that we are fortunate enough to afford worrying about finding stuff for my hobby instead of finding something to eat. Finally I’m thankful for the great people on this forum who always manage to keep things civilized despite our big diversity of backgrounds and opinions. Thanks to you all.

Andreas

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :D

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here are your instructions for the day:

Give Thanks
Eat
Nap
Repeat

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

Victor A
Victor I
Personal Text: "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" - Graham Chapman

Post by Victor A »

FloridaClay wrote:Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here are your instructions for the day:

Give Thanks
Eat
Nap
Repeat

Clay
AMEN!

I am thankful for all that I have, and I'm especially thankful for my family, at home and here.

Happy thanksgiving!
SOUSA, The March King, says:

"Your 'VICTOR' and 'MONARCH' Records are all right."

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum friends. I everyone had a wonderful day filled with family, friends and too much yummy food.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, three pies and music from the Victrola XVIII AAAAAAA H H H H :roll: