Correct horn for this Edison Triumph Model D

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Correct horn for this Edison Triumph Model D

Post by Valecnik »

RefSeries wrote:I got a good Triumph horn from a US dealer. Magnificent! Two issues - First the horn cost three times its cost to ship (I live in the UK) and second it was a lot larger than expected and generated a bit of flak from the Boss...

However it looks and sounds magnificent so if you get the chance go for it. Incidentally if you go for a cygnet make sure the crane is right for it. Cygnets have two mounts at the top (spring or screw) and the crane itself comes in a couple of different lengths, as I have found to my cost when trying to get the things to hang properly.

Good hunting

Keith
I feel your pain Keith. I've got a B model with a beautiful Triumph 12 panel horn here carefully packed in a closet with other horns. The Trumph is displayed in a bedroom with a 14 inch witches hat horn. I set the Triumph and 12 panel up in the living room a couple times a year but it's not a popular addition in the living room and is not allowed to stay there long. :lol:

phonojim
Victor IV

Re: Correct horn for this Edison Triumph Model D

Post by phonojim »

Those straight horns can certainly be overpowering in a room. I have a Home B with a 10 panel straight horn on display in a small room and it is overpowering! So much so that unless i'm using it, the horn sits out of the way in a corner.

Jim