Harmony Rear Mount Phonograph, No. 10

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Victor O

Harmony Rear Mount Phonograph, No. 10

Post by 7309 »

I am a cylinder machine collector but I found this little machine this past Sunday afternoon and couldn't turn it down. It is a Harmony, rear mount machine, with a decal on the front stating it is a Model No. 10. It has a single spring motor, which is the only problem that I have with this machine. The spring is missing (completely) and the brass gear that is attached to the spring housing (see picture) is missing one tooth. I know these machines were made by Columbia and these motors were pretty common. If anyone has one of these motors or the parts I need please let me know. The machine is in such nice shape that I have decided not to do anything more than cleaning and oiling it. By the way, I paid $95.00 for it and 10 Harmony records and 30 other records that "sadly" had the holes made larger to play on this machine. What do you think?
Attachments
Harmony2.jpg
Harmony2.jpg (92.98 KiB) Viewed 986 times
Harmony3.jpg
Harmony3.jpg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 986 times
Harmony1.jpg
Harmony1.jpg (89.27 KiB) Viewed 986 times

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Harmony Rear Mount Phonograph, No. 10

Post by Jerry B. »

I think it's a cute little machine with lots of personality. Jerry B.

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Nice!! I like the decal. Hopefully someone will post that they have the parts you need. You may also post your needs in the Yankee Trader section.

mcgravy
Victor O

Post by mcgravy »

Nice machine! I would have had to bring that one home also. You shouldn't have any trouble finding parts for that motor.