Value of a Columbia model 611

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VictorVV-X
Victor II

Value of a Columbia model 611

Post by VictorVV-X »

I recently spotted a nice Columbia model 611 phonograph at a store that I have gone into from time to time. It's in good condition overall, though one of the legs needs to be fixed. I was able to crank it and it does run, but I have not listened to it play yet. The finish overall is in very good condition.

What is the value of this machine?

Thanks in advance.

VictorVV-X

Victor VI

Re: Value of a Columbia model 611

Post by 52089 »

The 611 is similar in size to the Victor 4-3 or 4-7. The 4-3 shows up on my local Craigslist in the $150-$200 range a few times a year. In a shop I would expect to pay more than that for a sound example. Of course the one you are looking at is damaged, so you may wish to reduce its worth accordingly. Do make sure that the machine plays well and has the correct Viva-Tonal reproducer before committing to buy it.

VictorVV-X
Victor II

Re: Value of a Columbia model 611

Post by VictorVV-X »

52089 wrote:The 611 is similar in size to the Victor 4-3 or 4-7. The 4-3 shows up on my local Craigslist in the $150-$200 range a few times a year. In a shop I would expect to pay more than that for a sound example. Of course the one you are looking at is damaged, so you may wish to reduce its worth accordingly. Do make sure that the machine plays well and has the correct Viva-Tonal reproducer before committing to buy it.
Thank you for the help. They are asking 295 for the phonograph. I have a figure it mind but I wanted to see how I stood.

Thank you again.