Original Cost: $20.00
Case/Cabinet Size: 15" x 9"
Turntable/Mandrel: 2 Minute Cylinders
Reproducer/Sound-Box: #2 Floating type
Motor: 2 spring "Eagle"
Horn Dimensions: 13" x 6 ½" Nickel plated tin
Reproduction Parts: Sign board
Current Value: $4000-4500 ?
Interesting Facts: Purchased from the granddaughter of the original owner who had used it in a General store in Mass. Has the original finish & decal and no broken glass occurred during shipping !

Favorite Characteristics: Smooth working operation and is interesting to see all the coin and motor movements during play. Drop the coin, wind it till it stops and it plays the featured song, the machine resets itself at the end of the song for the next listener. Listening tubes were often used in parlors or public places. I use indestructible cylinders due to the drop of the reproducer in its operation.

Aaron
Victor II

Re: Featured Phonograph № 43

Post by Aaron »

Nice Machine!! I've always like the Coulmbia machines especially there coin ops. The BS is a common one but one of the nicest, and very simple, but gets the job done. Thanks for sharing!!

Aaron

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

not the most practical machine - with all the talk of doing away with the penny, the nickel surely will be next - but definitely one of the more interesting and better looking machines... I've wanted one since I first started collecting actually... they're costly though. bah.

Edisonfan
Victor V
Personal Text: Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration

Post by Edisonfan »

Very nice Graphaphone.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I've always liked the "BS." The only reason I sold mine was to finance a different model, but I've missed the visual attraction of the machinery as it plays. Yours is a particularly nice example - - thanks for sharing it!

George P.