Re: Last chance for ICS Standard model C #820130 UPDATE

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I purchased most of this standard ICS model C on E Bay as I did not want it parted out. I have finally got it together and running. It needed some work, touch up paint, and a new spring. It runs well. Next I have also included a few pictures of the standard A ICS machine I got from Mike Sorter. I almost have every standard machine made. They run from s/n 1206 to this standard C 820130 which probable was one of the last to leave the factory in the possible year of 1914 at the end of the standard production. A lot of the machines towards the last were ICS machines when they used D, E, and F machines with a X thru the model and changed to model C. Here is the prior post. from http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 14&t=32483 Martin who alerted us on this machine. The top three pictures are for a very late standard C. The bottom three pictures are for a early standard A.. I am trying to show you the difference between an early standard A ICS and one of the last standard C ICS machines, It looks like the ICS machines were made from 1905 ( thanks George )to 1914 ( estimated ). The end of production of standards and homes was October 1913. The factory burned down in December 1914 and supposedly they made these thru 1914 because of demand..... Sorry about the confusion..... Tom B
Attachments
IMG_1956.JPG
IMG_1955.JPG
IMG_1954.JPG
IMG_1958.JPG
IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG
Last edited by tomb on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

That's a good looking machine. Nice save!

Jerry Blais

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Congratulations on being able to save your Standard from the abyss of "hack and slash", which seems to be too prevalent sometimes.

Happy Holidays!

Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Nice rescue! That thing looks dandy.

But the case--is a banner case appropriate for a 1913-1914 phonograph? I was always under the impression that by then Edison had switched to the script. Perhaps that was on Model D and later...and this C would have had an early style decal. Ideas?

Stephen_Heatherly
Victor I

Post by Stephen_Heatherly »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:Nice rescue! That thing looks dandy.

But the case--is a banner case appropriate for a 1913-1914 phonograph? I was always under the impression that by then Edison had switched to the script. Perhaps that was on Model D and later...and this C would have had an early style decal. Ideas?
The machine with the banner decal is a standard model a from 1901-1904. The banner decals were only used on machines up to the early model b homes, standard, triumphs, etc. Once edison ran out of the banner decals they were replaced with the simpler edison script.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I think the photos of the Model A International Textbook Company Standard must have been mistakenly added. The serial number of that machine indicates it left the factory about February 1905.

George P.

martinola
Victor III

Post by martinola »

tomb wrote:I have also included a few pictures of the standard A ICS machine I got from Mike Sorter.
He mentioned it in the first post. I too had to go back and read the fine print. ;)

Martin

BTW: Very nice job, Tom!

- MK

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks Martin - I missed that entirely! :)

George P.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I hope I clarified the listing. I should have explained it better when I posted it. Tom B

BiliBug
Victor Jr

Post by BiliBug »

A question (not criticism). I noted that on the Model C, the two indicators (to adjust speed)etched on the carriage arm rod are on the left. I've only noted them toward the right side of machines in the past, like on the Model A. Is the placement correct? Or perhaps is the rod installed backwards?

More curious, than anything,
Bil
Brunswick Model 120, Victor Victrola VV-IV (Rev E), Victor Victrola VV-XIV (Rev B), Edison Standard A and B (2)