Re: Last chance for ICS Standard model C #820130 UPDATE

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

The carriage rod can be inatalled in either direction, so probably nothing of any note here.

Jim

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

BiliBug wrote:A question (not criticism). I noted that on the Model C, the two indicators (to adjust speed)etched on the carriage arm rod are on the left. I've only noted them toward the right side of machines in the past, like on the Model A. Is the placement correct? Or perhaps is the rod installed backwards?

More curious, than anything,
Bil
I am not sure which way they go. There has to be a correct way. I looked in the Talking Machine Compendium and one of the illustrations on a model D (I think 3-77 )might show the marks to the right or it could be a shadow. It would make sense that is the way it goes to the right. I am now curious as to the correct way they go now. Flows did not show the marks on the carriage arm in any of there illustrations. I will have to dig into some of my other information to find a better illustration. I will post later or maybe someone has an idea....... Thanks for the information Jim I am still curious if there was something set up by Edison at the factory.. When people work on these machines these rods can be turned around inadvertently like me. Thanks Tom B