WWII-Era Records on 1920's Player?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
OrthoFan
Victor V

Re: WWII-Era Records on 1920's Player?

Post by OrthoFan »

SwissWiss wrote:Do you guys have a trusted resource for new gaskets or even reproducer rebuilds on my Brunswick?
I'd start out by getting in touch with George Vollema at Great Lakes Antique Phonographs -- http://www.victroladoctor.com/

OrthoFan

dennman6
Victor I

Re: WWII-Era Records on 1920's Player?

Post by dennman6 »

marcapra wrote:
I found some older records today in a thrift shop. I bought them because I really like the albums.
When you said that you bought them because you really like the albums, I thought you meant that you really liked the pictures on the album covers! I know I am being a little pedantic here, but records are not really "albums", although many people call them that. Records are called records, or discs, and albums are the multi-sleeved books that you put the records in. Common mistake.
Except in this case, SwissWiss DOES have a pair of albums. Containing records, yes, but classical music albums. As the Victor Red Seal and Columbia Masterworks items are referred to as "sets" by the poster, calling them albums is quite correct. And if they are 1940s classical album sets they probably have pictures or artwork or photos on the covers to boot :)