Casters for an Edison Amberola 1A

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Casters for an Edison Amberola 1A

Post by marcapra »

I got my newly purchased Amberola 1A today and took it out of the boxes. I found that the right rear caster got smashed and fell off the cabinet. So I'm holding that side of the cabinet up with some cardboard shims. Does anyone know if they still sell the kind of casters that would fit a machine like this? Thanks. Marc.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: Casters for an Edison Amberola 1A

Post by Valecnik »

marcapra wrote:I got my newly purchased Amberola 1A today and took it out of the boxes. I found that the right rear caster got smashed and fell off the cabinet. So I'm holding that side of the cabinet up with some cardboard shims. Does anyone know if they still sell the kind of casters that would fit a machine like this? Thanks. Marc.

Smashed? What the heck happened? Those early Amberolas had variation in the casters they were fitted with. Some were bigger, sold steel. Some were smaller solid wood, (I think I recall). Others had feltoid casters like on the Diamond Discs. I believe the 1Bs all had feltoid. I'm not aware of whether new ones are available somewhere. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Pictures??? Repairable???

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

I don't have pics right now, but it is not repairable. The metal wheel is flat on one side and busted out of its housing.