VV-XVI Simple Question Please

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
pellicano1
Victor II
Personal Text: The Phonograph Stop

VV-XVI Simple Question Please

Post by pellicano1 »

Hey all, Just wondering what the part number is for a spindle for my 3 spring motor Type J for my VV-XVI. Mine is bent and needs replacing. Or if you have a spare that I could purchase that would even be better!!

Thanks!!
Steve
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Silvertone
Victor II

Re: VV-XVI Simple Question Please

Post by Silvertone »

The part number of the turntable spindle is initially 5356AGP replaced by 5781AGP at sn 149642.

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

Silvertone wrote:The part number of the turntable spindle is initially 5356AGP replaced by 5781AGP at sn 149642.
Thank you so much for the info! Was looking on eBay but not finding much!

Again if anyone can help me out with a spare that would be great!!
Thomas A. Edison

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

Silvertone wrote:The part number of the turntable spindle is initially 5356AGP replaced by 5781AGP at sn 149642.
Im seeing listings like M240, M240L. No parts number listed.
Thomas A. Edison

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

If you need a part for this specific Victor motor (which wasn't used in many machines, nor for long), you should really save the time and hassle and just reach out to George Vollema, he will have what you need.

Sean

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

OrthoSean wrote:If you need a part for this specific Victor motor (which wasn't used in many machines, nor for long), you should really save the time and hassle and just reach out to George Vollema, he will have what you need.

Sean
I found 2 that match my quad cut spindle. One is 5 ⅜" and the other is 5 ½". How do I tell which measurement is the model 5356AGP?
Thomas A. Edison

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Knowing the part number doesn't help a thing. I might have 50 of them, but I would have no clue, since the number isn't marked on the part and I have no way of knowing what a "5356AGP" looks like, and nobody else does either, (well maybe a couple of you guys do...).

If you need another one, take a photo of the one you've got, along with some critical dimensions, and post it in the classified section of this forum as a "WANTED". Or, barring that, straighten the one you've got. It's not that hard to do.

By the way, if yours is only bent, just measure how long it is and buy either the 5-⅜" or the 5-½" one you have located!

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

JerryVan wrote:Knowing the part number doesn't help a thing. I might have 50 of them, but I would have no clue, since the number isn't marked on the part and I have no way of knowing what a "5356AGP" looks like, and nobody else does either, (well maybe a couple of you guys do...).

If you need another one, take a photo of the one you've got, along with some critical dimensions, and post it in the classified section of this forum as a "WANTED". Or, barring that, straighten the one you've got. It's not that hard to do.

By the way, if yours is only bent, just measure how long it is and buy either the 5-⅜" or the 5-½" one you have located!
I know. I didnt have time to take it out and wasnt sure if this was an easy answer. Apparently not lol. Thanks for replying!
Thomas A. Edison

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

How much work is involved in actually straightening the spindle? Ought to save having to hunt down a hard-to-find part...

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

This motor was tinkered with before I bought it. I did a complete overhaul on it. I dont believe the spindle installed is the proper one. I wrote George Vollema. HE appears to be the go to guy! Just waiting to hear back now.
Thomas A. Edison