Needle holder on Vic. IV

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MisterOpera
Victor O

Needle holder on Vic. IV

Post by MisterOpera »

I have a Victor IV, with a strange nickel attachment behind the cabinet. It fits under the big knurled screw on the back. It resembles the drawer spring clip that is found in an Amberola 1-A or 1-B with edges turned up.It is longer than wider, too. What type of needle cup holder did this have. If someone has one, I would like the dimensions and a photo of it so one could be made. My email is: burdettewalters@yahoo.com I am also not good at computers, so email would be great. ( can do that) :-)
Burdette Walters

Jerry, Please contact me by email. burdettewalters@yahoo.com
Last edited by MisterOpera on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Django
Victor IV

Re: Needle holder on Vic. IV

Post by Django »

If you have a picture it would help. I have never seen a needle cup on an external horn machine, but I am not an expert on these machines.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

PM sent. Jerry Blais

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Post by Ripduf1 »

Page 63 of Fabrizio & Pauls "Gadgets, Gizmos & Gimmicks" book, shows a picture of the holder (clip style holding a needle box).

Each collector should buy at least one of these great F&P reference books they may not have for Christmas!

John
Horns rolled and straightened

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Ripduf1 wrote:Page 63 of Fabrizio & Pauls "Gadgets, Gizmos & Gimmicks" book, shows a picture of the holder (clip style holding a needle box).

Each collector should buy at least one of these great F&P reference books they may not have for Christmas!

John
I ordered a copy today and thanks for the tip.

At the risk of hijacking this thread, are there other needle cups for lidless machines other than this example or those in a base cabinet? I have made a few free standing oak, birds-eye maple and walnut holders for myself and my daughters using recycled, covered needle cups and two open pockets for the new needles, but I have never seen anything available. What have others come up with?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I've wondered if this needle carton goes with the clips at the side of a machine. Jerry
Attachments
IMG_1559.JPG