Floyd Silver New Jersey

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Canuk Phonographs
Victor II

Floyd Silver New Jersey

Post by Canuk Phonographs »

I opened a Victor i today and found an old invoice from Floyd Silver inside for service from December 1980. It was an excellent job and I was just wondering if anybody knew Floyd.

Merry Christmas.
Blain
Attachments
Scan 2.jpeg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Floyd Silver New Jersey

Post by phonogfp »

I knew Floyd, and I imagine many of us "old timers" did. He used to set up at the East Coast shows regularly. :)

George P.

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

I found this on Google:

Floyd Silver is classified under antiques dealers and has been in business for 3 to 5 years. With an annual income of up to $500,000 this business employs up to 4 associates. Floyd Silver is a public business and is considered small. Floyd Silver is located in Vincentown, NJ.

Floyd Silver DBA
146 Pemberton Rd
Vincentown , NJ 08088 (609) 859-8617

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Floyd’s two sons have been selling off his remaining collection of machines, parts, records, and cylinders over the past few years. Pricing was sometimes difficult as Floyd remembers the high prices and still thinks they are worth those prices. I did buy some machines and cylinders from them. Don’t think there is much left these days.

Rich Gordon

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Post by DGPros »

rgordon939 wrote:Floyd’s two sons have been selling off his remaining collection of machines, parts, records, and cylinders over the past few years. Pricing was sometimes difficult as Floyd remembers the high prices and still thinks they are worth those prices. I did buy some machines and cylinders from them. Don’t think there is much left these days.

Rich Gordon
I agree. Last time I stopped down, there wasn't much at all.
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

Stephen_Madara
Victor III
Personal Text: www.glassphonohorns.com

Post by Stephen_Madara »

briankeith wrote:I found this on Google:

Floyd Silver is classified under antiques dealers and has been in business for 3 to 5 years. With an annual income of up to $500,000 this business employs up to 4 associates. Floyd Silver is a public business and is considered small. Floyd Silver is located in Vincentown, NJ.

Floyd Silver DBA
146 Pemberton Rd
Vincentown , NJ 08088 (609) 859-8617

Floyd is enjoying retirement his house is sold and he has moved to oklahoma to live with his daughter...

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Thanks for the update on Floyd. Glad to hear he is doing OK and staying with his daughter. He was/is a "fixture" in the hobby. I started collecting in 1976-- The folks that I remember giving me the most help and advice those first few years were Allen Koenigsberg, Terry Baer, Tim Fabrizio and Floyd Silver. I'm glad to hear he's enjoying his retirement.

Brad Abell