You might remember the post...I chose a machine! Arrived!!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
New Yorker
Victor Jr

Re: You might remember the post...I chose a machine! Arrived

Post by New Yorker »

Wonderful, congratulations! One thing: I think your pull-out shelf may be in upside down. (If it’s not, then mine is!)

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Very Nice!

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

Nice machine. It is almost making me want to buy one this year. I am sure you will be getting a lot of joy playing it and showing it off. Display area is my problem along with the usual lack of funds. Maybe I will set up a L Door go fund me page. I will be cleaning up and working on my Edison C 200 and I also need a spot for that.. I hate to have to put it up in my bedroom but at least it will be displayed. Tom

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

New Yorker wrote:Wonderful, congratulations! One thing: I think your pull-out shelf may be in upside down. (If it’s not, then mine is!)

Not sure, but it has some decoration on top it seems how it is.
J.F.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

EdisonWizard wrote:Today my new Victor XVI L door arrived...and boy am I extremely happy with it. Jeff did a great job making sure it didn't get scratched on its journey and arrived with no issues. I had purchased a rebuilt exhibition before it arrived from a user on here...so I could enjoy it and hear what it's supposed to sound like, for when I rebuild the original since it'll be my first time.

I didn't have time before work to break out my early 78s to try...so I just threw on the only Christmas themed one I had. The auto brake works perfectly too!

Here is a video of it playing, and some pics after I wiped it down quickly.

https://youtu.be/-6AFc4XQN0g
Looks like a 1912: same version I have! (Wish I had the albums, though)... :mrgreen:

Bill

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

I'm really glad the album's are with it. Only one seems to need repair, you can see the top left one in the pic. It's torn where the pull ring is. I was thinking about using some super glue under the rear and push it back and see if it will hold.

I need to fill the album's up now! I don't hardly have any acoustic 78s!
J.F.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Congratulations! I remember how excited I was to purchase my first "L" door XVI. I bought it in Victoria, BC thanks to a lead from my, at the time, new friend, Don Mayer. It came home on the top of our 1976 Honda Civic. I still have it and consider Don one of my good friends in the hobby.

Jerry Blais

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

EdisonWizard wrote:I'm really glad the album's are with it. Only one seems to need repair, you can see the top left one in the pic. It's torn where the pull ring is. I was thinking about using some super glue under the rear and push it back and see if it will hold.

I need to fill the album's up now! I don't hardly have any acoustic 78s!
Congratulations! My l-door is one of my favorite players. I would not fill the albums with records though. They weren’t strong enough when new and now they are too briddle to hold many records. You can count yourself lucky to have the albums, they are scarce and no replacements are a available. I would keep them empty for decoration only.

Andreas

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

Nice! Protect it from that brutal Louisiana humidity. The albums look in great shape too.
Enjoy, Travis