Pictures of Certain Victrola Parts

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Pictures of Certain Victrola Parts

Post by GregVTLA »

I'm trying to start a little Victrola informational website. Nothing too large, and nothing on the scale of victor-victrola.com, but a small little page to inform and nurture interest in our hobby. I have a pretty modest collection myself so I can't take pictures of all the parts. Could someone provide pictures of some of the items I list? I'd really appreciate it, and I'll cite you as a source under the image. I'm going to need:

✓Pic of a bullet brake
-Pic of #4 Reproducer
-Pic of Concert Reproducer
-Pic of a round speed control
✓Pic of a large glass control
-Pic of an exposed needle control

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!
Greg
Last edited by GregVTLA on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oldphonographsteve
Victor II
Personal Text: I'm the guy that found the fault in asphalt

Re: Pictures of Certain Victrola Parts

Post by oldphonographsteve »

I have two Victrolas with bullet brakes, what quality of images are you looking for? I have a decent camera, but it is nothing professional.

Stephen

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

That'll do! I'm just looking for an image so you can see it. No need to remove it or anything like that, just a picture of it in it's natural habitat. Same goes for all the other images.

Happy New Year!
Greg

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I have the big glass speed indicator, but it's been restored--the celluloid card warped so the current card is a photocopy of the original done on cardstock. Also the "glass" is actually celluloid and is a trifle yellowed. Still works accurately and is how I time my motor to 78 RPMs.

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:I have the big glass speed indicator, but it's been restored--the celluloid card warped so the current card is a photocopy of the original done on cardstock. Also the "glass" is actually celluloid and is a trifle yellowed. Still works accurately and is how I time my motor to 78 RPMs.
I don't mind the restoration, I'd just like a representative picture. If you could take one I'd really appreciate it!

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

I cannot help with photos, but I like your project. Will your project include needles and records?
My small collection of Edison and Victor records and machines also includes some Brunswick Records.
Don

GregVTLA
Victor III

Post by GregVTLA »

EdiBrunsVic wrote:I cannot help with photos, but I like your project. Will your project include needles and records?
My small collection of Edison and Victor records and machines also includes some Brunswick Records.
Don
I certainly could! I think that's a great idea!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

I have some 1919 "Empire Talking Machine" Records, cut like Arto Universals, made by the Empire Jazz Band. They are perhaps my rarest acoustic-era recordings--a buck each from the "Vynyls" Dude who only deals to hipsters. I Hope I can get hold of a digital camera tomorrow!

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

VanEpsFan1914 wrote:I have some 1919 "Empire Talking Machine" Records, cut like Arto Universals, made by the Empire Jazz Band. They are perhaps my rarest acoustic-era recordings--a buck each from the "Vynyls" Dude who only deals to hipsters. I Hope I can get hold of a digital camera tomorrow!
God, the vynilz people drive me mad. And all they want are by artists I've never heard of (everything post 1980) :lol: .

oldphonographsteve
Victor II
Personal Text: I'm the guy that found the fault in asphalt

Post by oldphonographsteve »

Here are some pictures of the bullet brakes. The gold plating is a bit worn, but hopefully this helps. :)

Stephen
Attachments
DSC01868.JPG
DSC01866.JPG
DSC01862.JPG
DSC01860.JPG