VV8-12 Continues

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
chadc880
Victor Jr

VV8-12 Continues

Post by chadc880 »

So finally Christmas and the Holidays have past, it is time to get back to the VV8-12. So from my original post, when I originally bought it, it played very slow. And it seemed like the prior owner wound the unit up and left it for quite awhile. After some persuasion of the crank I managed to get the unit spinning again. The only way I could get the machine up to speed was manually spin the turn table faster which would increase the speed and indicator. Then it would play at 78 rpms. Let it sit a few days and I'd have to di the same thing again. I took the motor plate out today and all it was, was a sticky governor. Yay!!! I am happy. And I found the spring for the auto shutdown mechanism which now works.

So now to the correction and repair of the tone arm bracket, reproducer and hinges.

Does anyone have any parts available that I could purchase ? I see a reproducer on eBay right now, but I'd rather buy from a member.

The next problem is the left record storage door hinge. I've looked everywhere. No one has one this size.

I did make another video today for my YouTube Channel. https://youtu.be/Y-RT2a3ID3U
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: VV8-12 Continues

Post by JerryVan »

Have you contacted this guy? He seems to know his hinges.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-Victrol ... H_xZjsw21Q

chadc880
Victor Jr

Post by chadc880 »

Yes,

He is the one who tried sending me a few hinges to see if any would work. Awesome guy but no luck.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

How handy are you with metal? That's not a difficult part to make. The little limiting arm that's broken is not 100% essential to the use of the hinge. In fact, most are broken, but so long as the hinge itself is intact, it's not a particular problem.