Dating Nipper Figures

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Cody K
Victor III

Dating Nipper Figures

Post by Cody K »

These are two Nipper figures owned by someone locally -- not a collector -- who's interested in selling them. I haven't seen them in person, but I'm told they're not plastic, so I suspect they're plaster/chalkware. I've never paid much attention to the million-and-one versions of Nipper that exist, so I'm not able to place these within a time frame in order to suggest a fair price. I'm hoping someone on the forum will have an idea of what these are? Thanks!
Attachments
Nippers.png
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Dating Nipper Figures

Post by Jerry B. »

I believe the smaller one is recent and of low value. I am not familiar with the large one but I suspect he is also recent. Joan & Rob Rolfs' books on Nipper are outstanding and well worth owning for anyone remotely interested. Jerry B.

Cody K
Victor III

Post by Cody K »

Thank you, Jerry! The Rolfs' book isn't available in our very small public library, so I'm wondering how recently these may have been produced, and if you (or someone else) might be able to suggest a range of fair value? Recent closed sales on eBay don't seem to show any matches close enough to use for valuation.
"Gosh darn a Billiken anyhow."- Uncle Josh Weathersby

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

I checked Ebay for "Nipper Dog" and searched for "sold" listings. I saw a few dogs that looked like your smaller one and the sold price ranged from $50 to "offer accepted." I think your larger one has about the same value. Jerry

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Jerry B. wrote:I checked Ebay for "Nipper Dog" and searched for "sold" listings. I saw a few dogs that looked like your smaller one and the sold price ranged from $50 to "offer accepted." I think your larger one has about the same value. Jerry
Jerry (and everyone else) - you can find out how much a "best offer" item actually sold for using this site:
https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebay ... -price.htm

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special

Post by Jerry B. »

Jerry (and everyone else) - you can find out how much a "best offer" item actually sold for using this site:
https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebay ... -price.htm
Thanks, that is good to know. Jerry B.