Union 2018

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
larryh
Victor IV

Re: Union 2018

Post by larryh »

Jerry B. wrote:
Unless you're willing to really pay, you probably aren't going to be buying much.
[I'd like to respectfully disagree. I feel like I always get good value for my money. I always go home with something I treasure and am unlikely to find near my home. I have never been disappointed and have gone for many years. ]

Jerry, Your probably speaking for most of the people who go. I am too used to how prices used to be way before they took off. I should know better. I had a bad experience the last time I went in that a seller had a number of Talking Machine Magazines which I picked up and was going to buy. Some friends of his came by and said they wanted them and he literally took them out of my hands and said he couldn't sell them to me. Somehow it didn't sit well. Thanks, I see you answered my request about hotel locations.

Larry

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Valecnik wrote:
Jerry B. wrote:All these quick replies indicate how much we love Union. Jerry
I'm looking forward to it already!
I was looking forward to it on the way home from the 2017 show!

StL Bill
Victor I

Post by StL Bill »

I will be set up there again this year, any forum members that are coming please stop by and say hi. I am on the outside wall right across the aisle from the Oliphants. Looking forward to seeing the OTAP contingent and many other old friends. There are surely many wonderful people in this hobby.

Bill

Stephen_Madara
Victor III
Personal Text: www.glassphonohorns.com

Post by Stephen_Madara »

I hope to be at union this year but may have to fly . I have had some health issue that have worsened in the last few months. I have neuropathy in my feet that has started to progress to legs and hands. Testing shows the outer nerves are totally dead and 36 tests later I have no answers.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Stephen_Madara wrote:I hope to be at union this year but may have to fly . I have had some health issue that have worsened in the last few months. I have neuropathy in my feet that has started to progress to legs and hands. Testing shows the outer nerves are totally dead and 36 tests later I have no answers.
Sorry to hear that. It can be very frustrating to run from doctor to doctor without getting a real answer. I wish you all the best.

Andreas

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

I have often said that this is more of a Re-Union show. I have been going there since 1982 back when there were two shows a year. There is no forecasting what will show up each year. I have made some great phono friends over the years and look forward to each show.
Ken

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Phono-Phan wrote:I have often said that this is more of a Re-Union show. I have been going there since 1982 back when there were two shows a year. There is no forecasting what will show up each year. I have made some great phono friends over the years and look forward to each show.
Ken

Remember standing by the bar, (mostly Brenda & I) waiting on that "burger marathon"??? If you don't remember, Brenda surly will.

Oh and then there was the hotel mix up, no rooms. You had that terrified look like the three of us might be bunking up with you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Since Donley's Wild West is for sale, I wonder if Union will still be an annual event there in the future? Of course, I realize it's been for sale for years now, but Donley will not sell to someone who wants to get rid of the Wild West theme. There is an article on Donley's Wild West that says today's kids are more into video games, or the big super amusement parks, over small family run parks, which have dwindled in numbers over the last few decades. Also the article said the culture has changed and prime time t v no longer features shows about cowboys and Indians. Well, if it does sell to someone who is not into phonograph shows, I guess another venue could be found.

Retrograde
Victor III

Post by Retrograde »

marcapra wrote:Since Donley's Wild West is for sale, I wonder if Union will still be an annual event there in the future?
I was under the impression that the Wild West Town and Museum was for sale however this did not include the venue where the show is held. Donely's want to continue using the building for their auction service.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

That could be true, as I don't know the details. I think I read that the restaurant is back up and running because they leased the restaurant to an outsider? Does anyone know?