Sad demise for a brass orthophonic reproducer.

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
chunnybh
Victor III
Personal Text: "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink." Vivian Stanshall

Re: Sad demise for a brass orthophonic reproducer.

Post by chunnybh »

The GSP system is a mess. I hope the reproducer is re-listed by someone simply so that it may be used again instead of ending up in a landfill, even though I believe it is a form of theft.
A few years ago I lost a check-in bag flying with British Airways. It was full of precious 78's which I intended to hand carry but was forced by BA staff to check it in.. BA said it was lost and I did not qualify for any compensation. 2 months later, I found my records being sold by an auction house in London. I had to bid on them and thankfully bought my own records back again for a minimal sum. There was nothing else I could do about it. I was just so glad to get the records back. It was shocking to see what BA were auctioning off and pocketing the money. They obviously had no intention of finding the real owners. Most of the bags even had the owners names and addresses clearly marked on them.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

MOO, Did Ebay give you an option of getting your reproducer back instead of the money?

Zeppy
Victor III

Post by Zeppy »

I just sent some motor parts via the Global Shipping Program....Guess I'll see what happens.