Electric radio phonograph

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
richardh

Electric radio phonograph

Post by richardh »

I have started a thread on the Vintage Gramophones & Music Forum underMarconi radio phonograph which shows one of my electric radio / phonograph combo machines. It dates from 1936 and is typical of British machines of the period. Why not check it out and let me know what you think, and whilst your there there is a wealth of information on acoustic machines too. If you want to bypass my thread and check out the main forum click here: Vintage Gramophones & Music Forum

RJ 8-)

gregbogantz
Victor II

Re: Electric radio phonograph

Post by gregbogantz »

Very nice Marconiphone there, Richard. I see that your Brit phono forum is "tolerating" your posting there on their acoustic site. The admin there offers the link to phonoland.com for those people interested in electrical machines, but that forum really doesn't have much content on the early electrical machines. There are a lot of Magnavox lovers there, though. :D I'm glad that those of us who like the early electrical machines are tolerated here on the Talking Machine Forum because there aren't too many of us and there isn't another good place to discuss these machines. Except for the Electrola Group on Yahoo. I moderate that list and I welcome any of you who have any interest in early electronic machines to come visit us there. Here's the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electrola/
Collecting moss, radios and phonos in the mountains of WNC.

richardh

Re: Electric radio phonograph

Post by richardh »

Thanks for the link Greg. I must join as I am interested in these early electical machines - particularly those early auto changers :D My machine collection is evenly split 50 : 50 between acoustic and electrical...although I am looking out for a radiogram project and that will tip the balance just over into the non acoustic zone.

I did have a Yahoo email address a while ago but no idea now what it is. I'll set up another one though.

RJ 8-)