VTLA 12598A

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

VTLA 12598A

Post by CDBPDX »

There is currently a Victor VTLA phonograph for sale on ShopGoodwill with serial number 12598A. The ID tag still has the VTLA designation. The Baumbach Victor book says the VTLA designation was changed to VV-XVI somewhere between 12302 and 12698. Looks like that range can be narrowed a bit. This must be one of the very last VTLA designated machines..??

See the VTLA in the Ebay/Craigslist directory.
Attachments
GW_VTLA_0005.jpg
GW_VTLA_0005.jpg (75.92 KiB) Viewed 1488 times
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: VTLA 12598A

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

Gentlemen, the Forum grants you a road trip...yeah, you're paying for it...but someone will have just bought themselves a Victrola to end all Victrolas.

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

I ended up winning the VTLA, though I won't get to see it until August. A helpful phonograph collector near Los Angeles has graciously offered to pick it up for me and keep it until I could get transportation for it in August from another helpful phonograph collector. What a nice bunch of people! Many Thanks!

Now I have to be patient....

De Soto Frank
Victor V

Post by De Soto Frank »

Congratulations Cliff !

Nice to hear about Forum members helping make logistics work ! :)
De Soto Frank

Mr Grumpy
Victor III

Post by Mr Grumpy »

To me, the most remarkable thing about this is that Cliff is the one who brought the machine to the forum's attention in TWO separate threads, knowing full well that others might bid against him!

You are a true gentleman Cliff, congrats on the a great buy!
Vince
Youtube

CDBPDX
Victor V

Post by CDBPDX »

Mr Grumpy wrote:To me, the most remarkable thing about this is that Cliff is the one who brought the machine to the forum's attention in TWO separate threads, knowing full well that others might bid against him!

You are a true gentleman Cliff, congrats on the a great buy!
Truth is, I wasn't expecting my bid to be a serious contender for this great machine with the accessories. I will occasionally make a 'token' bid on items I am sure will go well beyond that bid, just to experience the excitement of being part of the action. Every once in a while, I get surprised and end up with something real nice that doesn't stretch my meager budget too far.

And, this is a lot of fun! Cliff

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

Screaming deal with the boxes and all necessary parts. Those repairs are a challenge, but not insurmountable. I have a set of knobs, should you need any. I wish this had been more centrally located (Memphis area), I'd have owned another early VTLA!

Matt