Vic O

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
dutchman
Victor IV

Vic O

Post by dutchman »

Playing with this Vic O that I got at auction recently. Missing in action is the horn and elbow (seriously doubt if I'll ever come up with these parts). The motor runs good but the pawl that keeps the motor from unloading is not working, I'm not sure if the pawl has a spring to keep tension on it, it moves as it should but will not catch, it is also missing one of the gov weights.

I'm trying to remove the reproducer. It refuses to come off the tone arm. It moves freely, I can push it in, turn it back and forth, it starts to come off but after about 1/8th of an inch that's it. Is that small button on the reproducer flange the remnant of a some sort of retaining screw? I can't find a good photo of an exhibition which shows this. Its probably a waste as the needle holder on the reproducer is also missing in action...The number 12781 is on the back of the reproducer, presume this is for dating purposes?

Other than these issues I'll be good to go.

Have a good weekend. Bill K
        Attachments
        DSCN1287.JPG
        DSCN1287.JPG (126.32 KiB) Viewed 907 times
        DSCN1288.JPG
        DSCN1288.JPG (124.35 KiB) Viewed 907 times
        DSCN1285.JPG
        DSCN1285.JPG (118.27 KiB) Viewed 907 times

Jerry B.
        Victor Monarch Special
        Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Re: Vic O

Post by Jerry B. »

I've given this advice to Bill and it's worth mentioning to the membership. Some machines, like a Victor O, were made for a long time and went through hardware changes. So start with what you have. In this project it's that back bracket. The first part to find is the correct elbow that fits the back bracket. Next, find the horn that mates to the correct elbow. There are at least two (and probably more) different sizes of Victor O elbows and horns. On both Victor O machines I own the back bracket end of the elbow AND the opening for the horn are different sizes. If you buy parts out of order you may find yourself with parts that do not fit.

This Victor O may be a bit of a long term project but it will be worth the effort.

Jerry Blais

dutchman
        Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Thanks Jerry. I'm 77 and its probable that by the time I get all these parts together I will have no clue what they are !! :mrgreen:

Have a good weekend. Bill K

outune
        Victor IV

Post by outune »

Hi Bill-- PM sent

Brad Abell

outune
        Victor IV

Post by outune »

I sent Bill pics of the reproducer from my "O"... It's a standard "bayonet mount" and the needle bar is same as a regular Exhibition.
        As Jerry said-- Elbows can be different-- Start with the elbow- Horns show up more often than elbows.

Brad Abell
        Attachments
        DSCN1841.JPG
        DSCN1841.JPG (137.93 KiB) Viewed 812 times
        DSCN1843.JPG
        DSCN1843.JPG (137.53 KiB) Viewed 812 times
        DSCN1844.JPG
        DSCN1844.JPG (136.89 KiB) Viewed 812 times