My $100 L-door

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Re: My $100 L-door

Post by GregVTLA »

Thanks! Good luck on that Circassian of yours, it should turn out very nice! New wood parts would probably be difficult to find in Circassian but at least you can get it together till you find a part out worthy CW machine. (Probably spelled it wrong but you get the point lol)

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

rvwenger wrote:I currently own 3 L Doors. two are XVI's and one is a VTLA. Congrats on getting everything together. I'm looking for a turntable for my VTLA along with the 3 of the four gold bolts that hold the horn to the victrola. This is the VTLA in the thread on this page "What type of walnut".
They are really nice, in fact I bought my “L-Door” cabinet from you back in 2016, we loaded it up in the PT Cruiser, stopped in Rolling Prairie and had breakfast, got it home in Michigan City. The neighbor saw it and screamed that’s a old Victrola. She came down and then invited us over to visit. Thanks to Kevin here on the forum, I was able to get all of the parts to get it going. Since then we have moved to Valpo, and the L-Door sits in the corner of the living room. I love the “L-Door”. Thanks for the deal on the “L-Door cabinet.”

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

Victrolacollector wrote:
rvwenger wrote:I currently own 3 L Doors. two are XVI's and one is a VTLA. Congrats on getting everything together. I'm looking for a turntable for my VTLA along with the 3 of the four gold bolts that hold the horn to the victrola. This is the VTLA in the thread on this page "What type of walnut".
They are really nice, in fact I bought my “L-Door” cabinet from you back in 2016, we loaded it up in the PT Cruiser, stopped in Rolling Prairie and had breakfast, got it home in Michigan City. The neighbor saw it and screamed that’s a old Victrola. She came down and then invited us over to visit. Thanks to Kevin here on the forum, I was able to get all of the parts to get it going. Since then we have moved to Valpo, and the L-Door sits in the corner of the living room. I love the “L-Door”. Thanks for the deal on the “L-Door cabinet.”

Your welcome. They keep turning up for me. I'm almost afraid to tell my wife if another one follows me home :lol: I'm glad she enjoys the music like I do. It's great to hear the cabinet became whole again. It was in nice shape and it went to a good home and enthusiast. That makes it all worth while.

Victrolacollector
Victor V

Post by Victrolacollector »

Here are some pics.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg