Victor Credenza Induction Motor Coil Rebuild

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Chappy
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Chappy

Re: Victor Credenza Induction Motor Coil Rebuild

Post by Chappy »

Sorry. I noticed that the email had a typo. It is dchapman@djchapmanlaw.com and not sjchapmanlaw.com.
MarkELynch wrote:Can you send your email again, my message bounced saying that the domain couldn’t not be found.

Chappy
Victor Jr

Post by Chappy »

Got the email. Thanks.
MarkELynch wrote:Can you send your email again, my message bounced saying that the domain couldn’t not be found.

Chappy
Victor Jr

Post by Chappy »

Thanks for the tip on the book. I picked up a copy on ebay moments ago.
MarkELynch wrote:Choppy, I am impressed that you are still digging into this project. The smart money would be in locating a pair of replacement coils, they are pretty available and cheap, but I see that your desire is to delve into the inner workings and to get a cheap education. Good for you!

A proper wire gauge looks like this although you can get close enough with the recommended caliper.

Be careful when using your existing coils for resistance measurements, it is likely that this has changed due to shorting of the windings if ithe motor overheated as you indicated. You are better off counting the turns as you unwind them and checking the wire gauges.

I can send you the other pages of that Service bulletin if you send me your address although it will be of little help in your rewinding efforts.

The first chapter of the John Rider manual “Automatic Record Changers and Recorders” published in 1941 has a good practical description of electric motor theory. The book shouldn’t be too hard to locate.

Mark