Victor D or Victor VI

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

Re: Victor D or Victor VI

Post by Zeppy »

FellowCollector wrote:
victorthesixth wrote:Just out of curiosity which machine would someone rather have. An ornate Victor D or a Victor VI
I have both in my collection and I prefer the fancy Victor D which has that early Victor spring motor noise (which I personally find very appealing as it immediately tells you "my design is early and primitive...accept and appreciate me for that"). Beyond that, the Victor D has a far more ornate and attractive cabinet and it is much more difficult to find than the Victor VI. Yes, the Victor VI has the stately mahogany cabinet but I prefer oak. Just my opinion.

Doug
Just to stir the pot....I have an early 6 with the noisy motor, and the late D with the plain case (and the noisy motor). Where does that leave me?

Still love them both.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Zeppy wrote:
FellowCollector wrote:
victorthesixth wrote:Just out of curiosity which machine would someone rather have. An ornate Victor D or a Victor VI
I have both in my collection and I prefer the fancy Victor D which has that early Victor spring motor noise (which I personally find very appealing as it immediately tells you "my design is early and primitive...accept and appreciate me for that"). Beyond that, the Victor D has a far more ornate and attractive cabinet and it is much more difficult to find than the Victor VI. Yes, the Victor VI has the stately mahogany cabinet but I prefer oak. Just my opinion.

Doug
Just to stir the pot....I have an early 6 with the noisy motor, and the late D with the plain case (and the noisy motor). Where does that leave me?

Still love them both.
I also have a Vic D and and early Vic 6. Both sound like a combine. My later model Vic VI and Vic V both purr like a kitten. :D

victorthesixth
Victor I

Post by victorthesixth »

Thanks everyone, guess the machines are a tie :)

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

Victor VI.