info on Tru Phonic please

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Re: info on Tru Phonic please

Post by estott »

Yours is patterned on the Credenza but certainly not an Orthophonic horn- but that twist does make it a fairly long horn so the sound might be OK. If Ron Sitko doesn't have the springs contact George Vollema victrola@triton.net. Definitely a Saal motor.

CMac1974
Victor Jr
Personal Text: Record, Machines, Records, Machines.... Decisions Decisions!

Post by CMac1974 »

estott wrote:Yours is patterned on the Credenza but certainly not an Orthophonic horn- but that twist does make it a fairly long horn so the sound might be OK. If Ron Sitko doesn't have the springs contact George Vollema victrola@triton.net. Definitely a Saal motor.

Thank you!

I'll post videos when it's done. I'm sure the sound will be great. I got it because I prefer the cabinet to the credenza. The woodwork of the horn behind the grill is pretty fantastic too. Ive never seen the horn of a credenza or other orthophonic machine/

Jwb88
Victor II

Post by Jwb88 »

CMac1974 wrote:I was scrolling through and Loved the page from the Sears Catalog. Could you please Post the top half of the page I have the Imperial which I am rebuilding.

Thank you,
Sorry it took me so long! Here's a scan of the whole page. You can see the other pages in a new post I just created here: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=34622
Attachments
Truphonic1927-1.jpg