Collecting

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
dutchman
Victor IV

Re: Collecting

Post by dutchman »

Thanks for all the replies - I'm confused too :D Here is the story: I bought the Searchlight horn and the Model O came with it. This past Wednesday I bought the Standard horn and back bracket. So I have a Model O which needs a Horn and elbow, and I need the cabinet for the Standard. Whose on first!! Have a good weekend. Bill K

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

Honestly speaking...unless you can get into incomplete machines for little money, you are better off purchasing complete, original machines. Due to the depressed market, and the expense and difficulty of locating parts to piece together an incomplete machine, it may be cost prohibitive to keep funneling dollars into incomplete or incorrect machines.

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Thanks Hailey. Actually I enjoy rescuing these machines. These two I have should turn out pretty nice since they will eventually be brought back to life with orig parts. But you are correct, it does not take long for a rescue to become cost prohibitive. At any rate these two machines will be the end of my rescue career. :D Of course if you check back in a few years I will probably still be looking for the Victor O horn and elbow. Have good weekend and cheers..... Bill K