My Recent Find - Another Columbia B With Pizazz!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
ehs004
Victor III

Re: My Recent Find - Another Columbia B With Pizazz!

Post by ehs004 »

George,
As always i thank you for your'e information , i know your'e knowledge is vast far more than my own and i wouldn't keep calling on your opinion if i didn't cherish it . Iv'e called on knowledge in the past and will continue in the future!!
Thanks for your'e help!!
Eric

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

ehs004 wrote:George,
I had a Columbia Eagle serial # 103325 no patent information on belt cover no mandrel tag and it had tabbed spring barrels my friend might still have it i can ask him . It also had the early Lid handle with no metal caps . Maybe some of these oddities were done before it the left the dealers ? Nobody alive today can say for sure ? it was near mint and came out of a old timers collection i doubt it was switch out , the spring barrel i'm saying.????

Eric
I stand corrected i didn't understand the definition of tabbed spring barrel i thought it was refering to the type with plates and 4 screws.
I had a Columbia Eagle serial # 103325 no patent information on belt cover no mandrel tag and it did not have tabbed spring barrels . :monkey:

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

ehs004 wrote:George,
As always i thank you for your'e information , i know your'e knowledge is vast far more than my own and i wouldn't keep calling on your opinion if i didn't cherish it . Iv'e called on knowledge in the past and will continue in the future!!
Thanks for your'e help!!
Eric
Glad to help Eric. Nobody knows everything - certainly not me. If we all share what we've learned, everybody benefits. I learn stuff all the time here. No one should be ashamed to ask questions. :)

George P.

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

George ,
Nomenclature sure would of helped me :?
Thanks Again Eric

rhammond
Victor Jr

Post by rhammond »

It really is a unique version of the Eagle. I saw the Karp collection probably three or four summers ago. Almost everything in it is outstanding, unique and rare! Usually the condition is excellent as well.