Show us Your 1920's/'30's Record Changer(s)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
startgroove
Victor III

Re: Show us Your 1920's/'30's Record Changer(s)

Post by startgroove »

Thank you my friend Peter. We had great fun in our visits! Thanks to you at least three of our changers were sourced from you. In the next few days, I'll post some pictures of one of those. Cheers, Russie

Pierce-Arrow
Victor I

Post by Pierce-Arrow »

1928 Victor Victrola VE 10-35X. An automatic record changer Orthophonic console. Cabinet is dark walnut and retains the original finish. The finish is much darker than in photos. The exponential horn is made of stamped metal. Plays 10" and 12" 78rpm records together!
Attachments
DSCN2750.jpg
DSCN2752.jpg
IMG_1053.JPG

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Woo Hoo! That is gorgeous! I love it.

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Me too!

startgroove
Victor III

Post by startgroove »

Here's another one from our collection; 1931 RCA Victor RAE-84.

Offered as the third of five models designated as “Radiola Automatic Electrola”. The RAE 84 held ten records and played them sequentially until shut off by the user. It could record, onto special 10” records which were pre-grooved, from a microphone, or from the radio. The six legged gothic cabinet design featured doors over the radio panel, and two compartments beside the radio panel for holding records and accessories. In the bottom picture, the microphone is visible at the lower left and the "special needles" for recording are at the right side. At the upper left corner is the weight which is to be installed on the pick up for added weight when recording and near the middle back of the compartment is the VU meter for setting the recording level.

Thanks to Peter F, who we acquired this one from last year.

Cheers, Russie and Lori
Attachments
IMG_3381.JPG
IMG_3387.JPG
IMG_3386.JPG

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Russie,

Your RAE-84 is my new "dream machine."
I would love to find one someday!!!

Gene

gunnarthefeisty
Victor III
Personal Text: Started collecting in August 2020, small collection of records

Post by gunnarthefeisty »

startgroove wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 pm Here's another one from our collection; 1931 RCA Victor RAE-84.

Offered as the third of five models designated as “Radiola Automatic Electrola”. The RAE 84 held ten records and played them sequentially until shut off by the user. It could record, onto special 10” records which were pre-grooved, from a microphone, or from the radio. The six legged gothic cabinet design featured doors over the radio panel, and two compartments beside the radio panel for holding records and accessories. In the bottom picture, the microphone is visible at the lower left and the "special needles" for recording are at the right side. At the upper left corner is the weight which is to be installed on the pick up for added weight when recording and near the middle back of the compartment is the VU meter for setting the recording level.

Thanks to Peter F, who we acquired this one from last year.

Cheers, Russie and Lori
That cabinet is a work of art!

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

Here's a video I recently finished of my HMV Automatic 1A changer.
I got this from Carton Smith (Electrolaman) a few years back and is one of my favorite machines.
I've only seen a couple others from Youtube videos and wonder if any members own one of these themselves.
Hope you enjoy it!
Bob

(Double-click the video above or click this link to watch the video on YouTube in HD.)

"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo