Note to All Antique Phonograph Society Members

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Note to All Antique Phonograph Society Members

Post by phonogfp »

It has come to our attention that our printer accidentally retained the December renewal notice on the mailing labels for the March issue of The Antique Phonograph.

Please disregard this notice on the mailing label. After all, if you received the March 2018 issue, there's a very good chance that you've already renewed! :)

George P.

Django
Victor IV

Re: Note to All Antique Phonograph Society Members

Post by Django »

phonogfp wrote:It has come to our attention that our printer accidentally retained the December renewal notice on the mailing labels for the March issue of The Antique Phonograph.

Please disregard this notice on the mailing label. After all, if you received the March 2018 issue, there's a very good chance that you've already renewed! :)

George P.
Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why the notice had appeared in March.

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

phonogfp wrote:It has come to our attention that our printer accidentally retained the December renewal notice on the mailing labels for the March issue of The Antique Phonograph.

George P.
George,
I haven't recieved any for 2018 i renewed early , should i have gotten mine yet in Ca.?
Thanks Eric

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Mine came yesterday in Oregon. Should be there soon I would think.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

ehs004 wrote: George,
I haven't recieved any for 2018 i renewed early , should i have gotten mine yet in Ca.?
Thanks Eric
Dan's right. The Post Office is going very slowly with these (they were mailed out on February 22). I haven't received mine yet either (in Western New York State). I heard from two California members that their copies arrived today.

Hopefully most everyone in the continental US will have their journals next week, but please know that once they're mailed, the APS has no control over the speed of delivery! :)

George P.

Silvertone
Victor II

Post by Silvertone »

Mine arrived yesterday and I have already devoured all the information in it. Rene does a fabulous job of putting these issues together,

ehs004
Victor III

Post by ehs004 »

George,
Thanks USPS does seem very busy these days but overall they do a good job. At least for me they have i have had some pretty smashed boxes though ! :lol:
Eric

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I still haven't gotten my issue yet, here in Western WA State.
Harvey Kravitz

welshfield
Victor II

Post by welshfield »

At one time I published, edited, and mailed (via Periodical postal rate)a magazine, circulation about 1200. I found that the distribution center at which I dropped my magazines made a great difference in delivery performance. When I switched, for example, from Akron, Ohio, to Youngstown, Ohio, I had very noticeable improvement in delivery consistency. Perhaps your editor/publisher needs to consider this.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

Thanks - that's an idea worth considering.

George P.