A question about the tizit or tiz-it

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
billybob62
Victor III

A question about the tizit or tiz-it

Post by billybob62 »

What do you folks use between the reproducer and the rubber hose on the horn? Do you use a tiz-it or tizit. Apparently they turn so the horn can move freely. A short chrome pipe (?) came with my GEM but I'm suspicious that air is getting in and is lessening sound volume because it is loose.

Thanks,
John

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: A question about the tizit or tiz-it

Post by JerryVan »

"What do you folks use between the reproducer and the rubber hose on the horn? "

Nothing. Just use the rubber hose, one end to the reproducer, the other to the horn. Nothing else is needed.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

The first Cygnet horns had a rigid connection between the crane and horn. The Tizzit is a perfect connection between the reproducer and horn on the first Cygnets. Can someone date the introduction of the Tizzit? Thanks, Jerry Blais

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Post by Shawn »

The first reference to a Tiz-it in the Talking Machine World is in November 1906

Here is a picture of three different, branded, Tiz-its. None of these three represent the one that Jerry V referenced as correct on a Cygnet crane. I don't have a picture readily available of that one.

Shawn
Tiz.png
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph