Let's See Your Fun Smalls!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophone78
Victor VI

Re: Let's See Your Fun Smalls!

Post by gramophone78 »

melvind wrote:A few years ago I got into a terrible habit of buying chalk dogs and salt and pepper sets of Nipper. While I rarely buy new ones now, here is my Nipper army today.
Dan, I would thought you had at least one "baseball" Nipper... :o.
Baseball Nipper (3).jpg
Baseball Nipper (1).JPG

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

Here is something I've never seen before. I was digging through a box of stuff I just brought home and found this Victor box of fiber/bamboo needles. Pretty cool, I think.
Attachments
VictorFiberNeedleBox_0001.JPG
VictorFiberNeedleBox_0002.JPG
VictorFiberNeedleBox_0003.JPG
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

CDBPDX wrote:Here is something I've never seen before. I was digging through a box of stuff I just brought home and found this Victor box of fiber/bamboo needles. Pretty cool, I think.
Great box, but I doubt that the fiber needles are original to the box. A box for fiber needles probably wouldn't have a receptacle for used needles because they would be sharpened and reused repeatedly. Also the box says "Needles should be changed with every record", which would not be true for fiber needles.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

52089 wrote:
CDBPDX wrote:Here is something I've never seen before. I was digging through a box of stuff I just brought home and found this Victor box of fiber/bamboo needles. Pretty cool, I think.
Great box, but I doubt that the fiber needles are original to the box. A box for fiber needles probably wouldn't have a receptacle for used needles because they would be sharpened and reused repeatedly. Also the box says "Needles should be changed with every record", which would not be true for fiber needles.
Correct... ;)
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

gramophone78 wrote:
melvind wrote:A few years ago I got into a terrible habit of buying chalk dogs and salt and pepper sets of Nipper. While I rarely buy new ones now, here is my Nipper army today.
Dan, I would thought you had at least one "baseball" Nipper... :o.
Baseball Nipper (3).jpg
Baseball Nipper (1).JPG
Wayne,
I think you are one of the few collectors who have even seen one, let alone own one or know what it is... ;)
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

gramophone78 wrote: Dan, I would thought you had at least one "baseball" Nipper... :o.
Well... if I ever find one for sale you can be sure I will buy it! :mrgreen:

PeterF
Victor IV

Post by PeterF »

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why "baseball"? Just looks like a li'l coat and ribbon to me.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I think the Rolfs would explain it as a promotion used leading up to the World Series. One league is red and the other blue. Jerry B.

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

Here is the victor advertising piece...

gramophone78
Victor VI

Post by gramophone78 »

melvind wrote:
gramophone78 wrote: Dan, I would thought you had at least one "baseball" Nipper... :o.
Well... if I ever find one for sale you can be sure I will buy it! :mrgreen:
I hope one day I will run into a red one...then they can compete with each other. I think Joan shows a red one in their book. There is a nice write up on them in there.
Joan has seen mine and confirmed him being a team player... :lol:. The ribbon was added at a later date...maybe by a little girl..??. I decided to leave it on.
Victor Baseball Stadium (4).JPG