Let's See Your Fun Smalls!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Let's See Your Fun Smalls!

Post by phonogfp »

Lucius1958 wrote:
Wore one of those (a cheaper version, without the "Tiffany" mark) back in my college days...

Bill
Me too! Once out of college I wore it to work for a few years and through it met a fellow collector. That buckle is still around here somewhere... :)

George P.

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I have enjoyed seeing all of the different small items that have been posted, which encouraged me to dig out some of mine. It's been fun digging through stuff and hope you enjoy some of these...
Attachments
IMG_1707.jpg
IMG_1704.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg
IMG_1698.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg
IMG_1701.jpg
Golden Triangle and Edison Bell needle tins
Golden Triangle and Edison Bell needle tins
Cesco record repeater
Cesco record repeater
Unusual Bakertone needle tone adjustment gadget... changes tone from loud to soft depending on the direction it faces
Unusual Bakertone needle tone adjustment gadget... changes tone from loud to soft depending on the direction it faces
Needle sharpener
Needle sharpener
Salesman's needle book
Salesman's needle book
Inside of salesman's book showing different needle types
Inside of salesman's book showing different needle types
Songster display
Songster display
Hustylus
Hustylus
Sample case of four different needle tins
Sample case of four different needle tins
Salesmans sample cards showing different types of needles
Salesmans sample cards showing different types of needles
Counter display advertising card
Counter display advertising card
Small box shaped like a phonograph and a pencil sharpener
Small box shaped like a phonograph and a pencil sharpener
I made the horn from a cake decorating tip a piece of copper tubing and a brass grommet...
I made the horn from a cake decorating tip a piece of copper tubing and a brass grommet...
I found this (minus the horn and bottom) in a dump over 50 years ago...
I found this (minus the horn and bottom) in a dump over 50 years ago...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Curt, nice collection of tins. Are there any left in North Carolina? Jerry

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Jerry, what island are you on? I'm guessing Maui. That's where everyone seems to go these days. I have a brother right now who is building a home on the east coast of Hawaii south of Hilo near Pahoa. I told a guy this and he said "what island is he on?" I said he's on Hawaii. He said "that's what they call all of the islands, so what island is he on" So I said he's on the big island, isn't that called Hawaii? He said, "No, I've been there and it's not called Hawaii, it's called Kona." Oh I thought it was called Hawaii. Who's right?

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

We are on the Big Island near Kona. It's the newest of the Hawaiian islands and still has an active volcano. I have never seen so much lava and different varieties of lava flows. It's been very interesting. I think the correct name for this island is Hawaii but to avoid confusion it's called the Big Island. In prior trips we've enjoyed the islands of Kawaii and Maui in the Hawaiian chain of islands. I hope this helps. Jerry Blais
Attachments
We are here with two of DeeDee's siblings and rented a lovely home for the month.  Sharing the expense with other couples has made it quite affordable.
We are here with two of DeeDee's siblings and rented a lovely home for the month. Sharing the expense with other couples has made it quite affordable.
IMG_1852.JPG
IMG_1861.JPG
Big turtles
Big turtles

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Curt,
Thanks for posting your smalls. I especially like the needle display cards. :D Really need to see all the variations.
Ken

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

phonogfp wrote:
Lucius1958 wrote:
Wore one of those (a cheaper version, without the "Tiffany" mark) back in my college days...

Bill
Me too! Once out of college I wore it to work for a few years and through it met a fellow collector. That buckle is still around here somewhere... :)

George P.
I wore mine for a long time until I started flying for business regularly. If I wore it through security, I got stopped. If I packed it in my carry on, I got stopped...

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

I am enjoying this thread. Due to lack of space, I had been thinking of redirecting my collecting efforts in this direction and this has shown me more of what is out there. Thanks Jerry.

melvind
Victor IV

Post by melvind »

A few years ago I got into a terrible habit of buying chalk dogs and salt and pepper sets of Nipper. While I rarely buy new ones now, here is my Nipper army today.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

melvind wrote:A few years ago I got into a terrible habit of buying chalk dogs and salt and pepper sets of Nipper. While I rarely buy new ones now, here is my Nipper army today.
Good thing you got all those before some hoarder bought them all. ;) :)