Need Horn Elbow for Victor II (morning glory horn)

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
lilnipper
Victor Jr

Need Horn Elbow for Victor II (morning glory horn)

Post by lilnipper »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping that I'm doing this right. Anyways I just purchased a Victor II gramophone it came with the witches hat but I also bought a morning glory horn. However it didn't come with the horn elbow so I can't use it. Does anyone have a Victor II horn elbow for sale or any info on where to find one? Please let me know. :)

Nat
Victor III

Re: Need Horn Elbow for Victor II (morning glory horn)

Post by Nat »

lilnipper
Victor Jr

Post by lilnipper »

I contacted the person with the Victor III horn elbow but they said it probably won't fit my Victor II machine. I don't know much about the machines. Do you think it may fit?

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Welcome to the Forum. You may want to read the posting guidelines. Your post looking for an elbow should be in the Yankee Trader section. I am sure someone can help.

lilnipper
Victor Jr

Post by lilnipper »

Phono-Phan wrote:Welcome to the Forum. You may want to read the posting guidelines. Your post looking for an elbow should be in the Yankee Trader section. I am sure someone can help.
Okay, thank you for that!

Nice to see someone else from Wisconsin here! :)

Ripduf1
Victor III
Personal Text: HORNS ROLLED & STRAIGHTENED

Post by Ripduf1 »

A Victor III horn elbow will NOT fit a Victor II. John

If you fill in your profile "location" as Wisconsin, that may help others find you.
Horns rolled and straightened

lilnipper
Victor Jr

Post by lilnipper »

Ripduf1 wrote:A Victor III horn elbow will NOT fit a Victor II. John

If you fill in your profile "location" as Wisconsin, that may help others find you.
Okay, thanks!

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

If your black & brass (witches hat) horn is original and fits your Victor II I'd suggest using the elbow currently attached to your horn. It should come off the horn easily and should fit your black Flower horn just fine. If the machine came without any elbow you'll need an elbow specific for that model. A photo or two would help. Jerry Blais

lilnipper
Victor Jr

Post by lilnipper »

Jerry B. wrote:If your black & brass (witches hat) horn is original and fits your Victor II I'd suggest using the elbow currently attached to your horn. It should come off the horn easily and should fit your black Flower horn just fine. If the machine came without any elbow you'll need an elbow specific for that model. A photo or two would help. Jerry Blais
Oh that’s what I initially thought, but the horn elbow that came with the machine is attached to the witches hat and I’m afraid to remove it. I tried yesterday but it didn’t seem like it would come off without a fight, and I thought I might scratch up the horn if it was removed.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Oh that’s what I initially thought, but the horn elbow that came with the machine is attached to the witches hat and I’m afraid to remove it. I tried yesterday but it didn’t seem like it would come off without a fight, and I thought I might scratch up the horn if it was removed.
I haven't met an elbow I couldn't get separated from the horn. Have you contacted fellow Wisconsin cheese head Ken Brekke? He's a better mechanic than me plus he's a terrific fellow. You don't need another elbow. You need Ken! :) He's Phono Phan and has already commented on this thread.

Jerry Blais