Shaving cylinders

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
New Sterling
Victor Jr

Re: Shaving cylinders

Post by New Sterling »

Those look real smooth. I have tried adjusting the position of my cutter. When the set-screw is loosened, in may be rotated slightly in either direction. I will try to get a good photo of the cutter to post.

New Sterling
Victor Jr

Post by New Sterling »

07EFF027-3904-4F47-BC31-4ECD0CD531C6.jpeg
Here are close-ups of my cutter from both sides. The corners are chipped, but the center seems good. It has been pointed out to me that the edge isn’t straight, but is actually a slight curve. I don’t suppose anyone has an extra cutter?
Attachments
AA30C9AA-6C3F-4FEE-91B1-0570CC756062.jpeg

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

If you can find a jeweler that employs a gem cutter, you may be able to smooth down the chipped corners, or perhaps fabricate a new blade, for a reasonable price.

Bill

julianin
Victor Jr

Post by julianin »

What kind of razor? Now even men do laser hair removal and do not worry about this topic.

Clotibrut
Victor Jr

Post by Clotibrut »

By the way, I will support the idea that razors are no longer something necessary. I have quite a lot of body hair by nature, and I wouldn't say I like it (and nowadays, some don't need razors because hair is natural and you shouldn't forget about it, by the way). So I go to laser hair removal ealing once every 5 months, and I completely forgot what it means to shave my legs and armpits every morning. Laser hair removal is much more convenient than any other hair removal method, and I think it's cool.

DoktorK
Victor Jr

Post by DoktorK »

I've always said that in such cases, thorough research and proper homework are your best friends, regardless of the project. I also learned never to start a project if unsure of any specs or details and never hesitate to ask a pro in the field. Also, my uncle, who works at a hair transplant clinic at https://goo.gl/maps/iS5HPMLozPDjZxrJ7, always says: measure seven times before cutting one time! And he's right! It goes, without saying, for any situation in life. So instead of guessing or asking people who probably don't even know what they're talking about, I'd take matters into my own hands or just ask a pro I know and trust.