Treasures from the Wayne Show

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
rgordon939
Victor V

Re: Treasures from the Wayne Show

Post by rgordon939 »

Your arms may be sore but I sure your happy. Post some pictures when it all cleaned up.

Rich Gordon

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

Here is my new to me 130, (my sidetracked treasure at Wayne). Found it in the home of the original owner. A family piece that the great grandchildren no longer wanted. If I hadn't gone to Wayne, I would not have found it for sale locally, (123 miles from the show near Philadelphia). Facebook Marketplace Local Buy and Sell can be a good place to look for treasure. It should look great after a good cleaning, (it even looks nice dirty). The XVII or 130 in this case are probably my favorites stylistically and the Oak makes it even better.
Attachments
130-5.jpg
130-1.jpg
130-2.jpg
130-7.jpg
130-3.jpg
130-6.jpg

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

WOW!!! That is beautiful!! :D Congrats.

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

Very nice. Love that model and the oak is spectacular!

VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

The show looked like a great one and that is one rock solid Victrola! Looks like a few gaskets and some grease and it'd be a keeper!

Hit of the Week
Victor I

Post by Hit of the Week »

That's a "stunner"! I love the one I have....wish I could find the albums....they "make" the machine!
Congrat's, Django!

Iowa Dale

Django
Victor IV

Post by Django »

First, thank you for the nice comments regarding the Victrola 130. The only thing that I can really take any credit for is being in the right place at the right time.

My treasure seems to have hijacked the thread that I began. As much as I enjoy the having others voice their appreciation of this fine machine, I am still in hopes of seeing what treasures others were able to find at the show or as in my case, because they were in the area and happened upon a nice deal.

I wasn't looking to add another machine, so the show would have been a success for me just poking around, meeting people and finding some of the small items and parts that I have wanted. The Victrola was a nice surprise and it is a bit difficult to hide my pleasure in finding such a fine and unmolested machine in it's natural habitat. As others have said, they are still out there.

gemering
Victor IV

Post by gemering »

Stunningly beautiful!