Treasures from the Wayne Show

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Django
Victor IV

Treasures from the Wayne Show

Post by Django »

I found lots of nice little treasures both days, but my real treasure was found on Facebook local buy and sell while I was there. I found an Oak, Victrola 130, (same as a VV-XVII), about two hours away in PA. The machine has a full set of Victrola albums and has been in the same family since new in 1921. It is in great and original condition.

Also, it was very nice to meet and talk with such a nice group of enthusiasts. My wife and I enjoyed the show, but we enjoyed the parking lot sale more. Lots of fun.

I hope that others will post their newly acquired treasures. I will try to post some pictures of the Oak 130 tomorrow.

GregVTLA
Victor III
Personal Text: Greg

Re: Treasures from the Wayne Show

Post by GregVTLA »

I really enjoyed the show! I ended up buying a gold ortho reproducer from Charlie Hummel since he gave me a really great price, a back knob, and key for my XVI. I also picked up another L-door from a forum member for my aunt since she liked mine so much :lol:. It was a great show and I really enjoyed meeting some of you!

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

Not a lot for me this time, but I did find 1 decent Edison Long Play at a good price, and a few original Edison pamphlets that were worth picking up.

I do hope they don't ever schedule this show for the same day as the antiques flea market again. I think I had to walk a full ¼ mile to my car, which made it a real chore to buy heavy records!

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I found an Oak, Victrola 130
That's quite a find. I owned a dark oak XVII years ago and picked up and delivered a golden oak one to a friend at Union a few years ago. I think I've seen more American Walnut ones than oak examples. Good find!

Jerry Blais

NateO
Victor I

Post by NateO »

I had a great time at my first Wayne show! It was a pleasure to meet a number of you in person.

I didn't find exactly what I was looking for (an Edison Triumph with Cygnet Horn), so I did what any sensible collector would do, and bought something completely different :roll: I instead came home with a Triumph Model A with a Model D repeater, and an Hawthorne and Sheble "Crystal" finish horn for it, along with a lot of records and some nice cylinder boxes (Thanks Rich!). It may not have been what I was looking for, but I couldn't be happier. I've always liked repeaters, but never expected to own one. I had a really great time carrying this beast across the parking lot.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the show and found some nice stuff! :D
Attachments
1 (2).JPG
1 (1).JPG
- Nathan

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Wonderful purchase! :mrgreen:

Jerry B.

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

I looked at that Triumph myself. After thinking about it for a while I went back and it was gone. I think you got a great machine, enjoy.

Rich Gordon

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

Nice finds. Can't wait for the Union show. I haven't been in several years so really looking forward to it. Not to mention the tour at Jaspers. Hope they still do that.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

NateO wrote:I had a great time at my first Wayne show! It was a pleasure to meet a number of you in person.

I didn't find exactly what I was looking for (an Edison Triumph with Cygnet Horn), so I did what any sensible collector would do, and bought something completely different :roll: I instead came home with a Triumph Model A with a Model D repeater, and an Hawthorne and Sheble "Crystal" finish horn for it, along with a lot of records and some nice cylinder boxes (Thanks Rich!). It may not have been what I was looking for, but I couldn't be happier. I've always liked repeaters, but never expected to own one. I had a really great time carrying this beast across the parking lot.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the show and found some nice stuff! :D
Congratulations, Nate! As always, you have impeccable taste - that horn is gorgeous, and how fun the A will be with a repeater! Sorry I couldn't go with you and George...

How are those arms feeling today? ;)

See you soon,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

NateO
Victor I

Post by NateO »

fran604g wrote: Congratulations, Nate! As always, you have impeccable taste - that horn is gorgeous, and how fun the A will be with a repeater! Sorry I couldn't go with you and George...

How are those arms feeling today? ;)

See you soon,
Fran
Thanks Rich and Fran! I'll be honest, after hauling this thing down two flights of stairs to the basement for some cleaning, and back up again, my arms are pretty sore :lol:
- Nathan