Columbia BY reproducer question

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Re: Columbia BY reproducer question

Post by phonogal »

De Soto Frank wrote:That Viva-Tonal is actually a decent reproducer... no harm in having it re-done and using it... it was a potential upgrade available to a Columbia owner back in the mid-1920's...

Wily old Victor Talking Machine made sure their new Orthophonic soundboxes wouldn't fit the previous goose-necks... ;)

I have one Orthophonic soundbox for a portable, that someone re-bushed to fit the earlier Victor goosenecks, so I can use it on my pre-Ortho machines.

That said, period-appropriate Columbia reproducers are fairly common.

:coffee:
I have another Columbia reproducer that actually fits the arm better that I can use until I find the correct one. Will need to find the dust ring.I'll try Yankee Trader.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

The thread on the Columbia BI shows the correct Concert Grand reproducer you need.
Harvey Kravitz

phonogal
Victor IV
Personal Text: Life's Short. Be Happy!

Post by phonogal »

Phonofreak wrote:The thread on the Columbia BI shows the correct Concert Grand reproducer you need.
Harvey Kravitz
Thank you Harvey. Mine is also missing the crank escutcheon. There are no screw holes around the opening and It doesn't look like there ever was an escutcheon but there most have been one. Anyone have a picture of what it will look like?