Pooley Made VTLA??

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Pooley Made VTLA??

Post by CDBPDX »

I have 2 VTLA phonos, serial numbers 3185 and 6405.The back board above the horn chamber opening is different, one the 3185, has the back panel between the 2 side panels, the other has the back panel all the way across with the side panels butting up to it. Since Pooley made some of these cabinets for Victor, could it be that the 3185 back panel is a Pooley? Are there any pick-up points that can identify the Pooley and Victor made cabinets?
Attachments
tn-700_VTLA-6405_0017.JPG
tn-700_VTLA-6405_0017.JPG (275.77 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
tn-700_Vic_VTLA-3185_0011.JPG
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

EarlH
Victor III

Re: Pooley Made VTLA??

Post by EarlH »

The one with the lower serial number is the same way Pooley joined that part of the cabinet together on the flat top machine I have, even though that molding is completely different. The Victor made cabinets are MUCH better in my opinion. I can understand why Victor and Edison got away from that outfit as soon as they could. That style cabinet, and the flat top cabinet have a lot more in common than you would think at a glance.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

You may also find a Pooley stamp in the back of the 12" album compartment

CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Post by CDBPDX »

HisMastersVoice wrote:You may also find a Pooley stamp in the back of the 12" album compartment
Nothing in the back of the 12" album compartment...
Attachments
tn-700_img_9150.jpg
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8