Edison home crane mounting bracket information

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Johndoe64
Victor O
Personal Text: Bile Dem Cabbage Down!

Edison home crane mounting bracket information

Post by Johndoe64 »

I've been thinking about getting a nice hanging horn for my Home, which at one time came equipped with a horn crane, as you can see from the screw holes in the back of the cabinet. I figured on trying to get something like what it originally had so I don't have to see those holes every time I turn the cabinet around. I tried finding some pictures online about how the mounting hardware for a crane like this may have looked like, so that maybe I could try reproducing it, but I couldn't find anything, so I'm trying here. The distance between the holes is 1 ½" x 4". If somebody has a crane that looks like it would fit these screw holes, please send some pictures and a few measurements? Anything would be appreciated!

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Edison home crane mounting bracket information

Post by phonogfp »

At first I thought you needed a Hawthorne & Sheble No.4, but when I measured mine, the distance between the holes for each bracket is 1 ⅛". Are you sure about your measurement?

George P.

Johndoe64
Victor O
Personal Text: Bile Dem Cabbage Down!

Post by Johndoe64 »

phonogfp wrote:At first I thought you needed a Hawthorne & Sheble No.4, but when I measured mine, the distance between the holes for each bracket is 1 ⅛". Are you sure about your measurement?

George P.
Yeah. . . my bad, It is 1 ⅛". Thanks for the information! Looking at that crane makes me think my best bet is to wait and try to find an original rather than trying to reproduce it. Thank you for the quick reply!

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You'll be able to find an original. Just be sure you get the long bracket type meant for the "New Style" cabinet on your Home.

George P.