Featured Phonograph No.137 Victor Victrola VV-130

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Django
Victor IV

Re: Featured Phonograph No.137 Victor Victrola VV-130

Post by Django »

Hit of the Week wrote:Like I said before, Django, that is a stunning machine. I see your machine is #2309....my oak 130 is #2356, so they were probably made within a few days of each other..

Iowa Dale
I would love to see some pictures of your Oak 130.

I had originally posted this machine under "Treasures From the Wayne Show", so some had already seen it. I felt that it was a machine worth archiving, so I featured it. It is the only machine that my wife stares at.

From original post: "Here is my new to me 130, (my sidetracked treasure at Wayne). Found it in the home of the original owner. A family piece that the great grandchildren no longer wanted. If I hadn't gone to Wayne, I would not have found it for sale locally, (123 miles from the show near Philadelphia). Facebook Marketplace Local Buy and Sell can be a good place to look for treasure. It should look great after a good cleaning, (it even looks nice dirty). The XVII or 130 in this case are probably my favorites stylistically and the Oak makes it even better."

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Thank you very much for making this stunning machine a featured phonograph. I cannot imagine to find any machine in better or more complete condition. What a treasure!

Andreas

Victor VII
Victor I

Post by Victor VII »

And a great example of how these pieces can fit in and greatly enhance a home's decor (helpful for those of us with reluctant non-collector wives).