Certified Crank Phonograph Expert..... Seriously????

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tomb
Victor IV

Re: Certified Crank Phonograph Expert..... Seriously????

Post by tomb »

Is that a certified old fart crank expert . ?? I think I saw that as a graduate course at Harvard. It came as a PHD. ( phonographs highest degree ) It must be great because Harvard costs a fortune :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Tom

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

tomb wrote:Is that a certified old fart crank expert . ?? I think I saw that as a graduate course at Harvard. It came as a PHD. ( phonographs highest degree ) It must be great because Harvard costs a fortune :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: Tom
Should have just gone to Columbia. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

I'm willing to go out on a limb and offer this certification, including a diploma suitable for framing, for just $19.95, if you are one of the first 20 people to respond...
That's a savings of $99 from the normal $118.95 price for just the certification... Act now, this offer won't last...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

Orchorsol
Victor IV

Post by Orchorsol »

Curt A wrote:I'm willing to go out on a limb and offer this certification, including a diploma suitable for framing, for just $19.95, if you are one of the first 20 people to respond...
That's a savings of $99 from the normal $118.95 price for just the certification... Act now, this offer won't last...
Yes, and we have a similar scheme here in the UK - also on offer for a very limited period - right now for £9.99 you can qualify as a Certified Repairer of Antique Phonographs (and use the acronym on your business cards).
BCN thorn needles made to the original 1920s specifications: http://www.burmesecolourneedles.com

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe4DNb ... TPE-zTAJGg?

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Orchorsol wrote:
Curt A wrote:I'm willing to go out on a limb and offer this certification, including a diploma suitable for framing, for just $19.95, if you are one of the first 20 people to respond...
Yes, and we have a similar scheme here in the UK - also on offer for a very limited period - right now for £9.99 you can qualify as a Certified Repairer of Antique Phonographs (and use the acronym on your business cards).
^^^ :lol:
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

52089 wrote:
maginter wrote:I was looking though the various Forums today and stumbled across this. So what is required to become a Certified Crank Phonograph Expert????? Is there training for this????? :lol:
Yes, but it's mostly self-taught. In order to qualify as a CCPE, you must meet all the following criteria:

1) You must have once - and only once - attempted to remove springs from a phonograph before they were fully wound down. Bonus points if you have a facial scar to prove it.

2) You must have an opinion on what an "off brand" is, and it must be different than every other opinion on the subject.

3) You must have lost count of the number of small screws, ball bearings, etc. you have lost.

4) You must have broken at least one completely irreplaceable record, preferably through no fault of your own (e.g. putting a wax Amberol on a mandrel)

I'm sure there are more. Keep it going!
5.) Your garage has to have a permanent grease smell (bonus points if your living room does also)

6.) Have at least one record in every room in your house (even if you do not have a machine in said room.

7.) Have so many machines you "sneak" buy one and your spouse doesn't even notice a new machine.

Zwebie
Victor IV
Personal Text: We are only the caretakers for future generations.

Post by Zwebie »

Did anyone notice how much the phonograph on the card looks like a 100% certified crap-o-phone?

Cheers, Bob S.
Attachments
comparison.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Yes, I noticed. :lol: I also wondered if that white blob in the horn is supposed to be a hummingbird... Okay, now I'm getting catty...

George P.

maginter
Victor II

Post by maginter »

phonogfp wrote:Yes, I noticed. :lol: I also wondered if that white blob in the horn is supposed to be a hummingbird... Okay, now I'm getting catty...

George P.

Bada-Boom...... Try the veal, he is here all week folks!!!!! :lol:
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine."
Nikola Tesla

Marty Bufalini
Victor II

Post by Marty Bufalini »

What a bunch of goofs!!! You are all too funny.