Questions On AS and BS Coin-op Horns

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phonofreak
Victor VI

Questions On AS and BS Coin-op Horns

Post by Phonofreak »

I was following the thread in the Yankee Trader of the Columbia coin-op horn for sale. From what I understand, it is an extremely rare and difficult horn to find. That being said, did the AS or BS use a crane for a larger horn for more volume? Was there an adapter to fit in the nipple of the horn that would connect to the elbow? If these machines used a crane for a larger horn, that could be a solution so these machines can be complete.
Harvey Kravitz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Questions On AS and BS Coin-op Horns

Post by phonogfp »

I thought for sure someone would have answered this by now!

No, neither the BS nor AS were supplied with larger horns and cranes by the factory. Of course, the purchaser could equip the machine any way he chose...

When buying these machines from Columbia, the purchaser had a choice of horn or ear tubes, so these machines can always be made historically correct simply by fitting a pair of ear tubes instead of a horn.

George P.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

George to the rescue!!! Thanks so much for answering my question. :D :clover: :rose:
Harvey Kravitz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

:) :)