Questions about selling safely

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
epigramophone
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: An analogue relic trapped in a digital world.

Re: Questions about selling safely

Post by epigramophone »

Like others I deplore eBay's cavalier attitude to the sellers who pay their fees, but sometimes things happen the other way around.

I rarely buy records on eBay because of the risk of damage in transit, but I recently won some good ones at prices which made the risk worthwhile. The postage charge seemed on the low side, but I paid up and waited......and waited......and waited.

A week after the quoted delivery date I hit the "where's my item?" button and eBay investigated. The seller insisted that the records had been posted, although no proof of postage was forthcoming, and promptly refunded my payment.

What I suspect actually happened is that the seller realised that they had underestimated the cost of postage, and rather than lose money decided to abandon the sale. If only they had contacted me I would have been happy to pay a little more. To add insult to injury, eBay sent me a message reading "Good news! You have a refund!" I would much rather have had the records :cry: .

If I ever see those records relisted there will be trouble :evil: .

Vinrage_mania
Victor II

Re: Questions about selling safely

Post by Vinrage_mania »

Interesting I have bought maybe 200 records/ transcriptions off ebay and had 2 broken selling maybe three four things lost out of hundreds sold but i have been lucky maybe :)