Graphophone BK - Adaptor

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Sidewinder
Victor III

Graphophone BK - Adaptor

Post by Sidewinder »

Not seen one of these before. Is it a 2 / 4 minute adaptor?
Attachments
bk2.jpg
bk3.jpg

Steve Levi
Victor II

Re: Graphophone BK - Adaptor

Post by Steve Levi »

Wish I knew, sorry. That said, I am curious as you and find the picture Very interesting. Thanks for post pics. I'm sure someone here will have some info. Steve

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Does the knurled knob move in and out? If so, it may be a 2/4 min. attachment.

If you can spin the mandrel, try it either way, and see how fast the carriage travels.

Bill

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Need pictures (in focus and well lit) from the other side of the casting frame, where
the gear train is located.

Chuck

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

So the knurled knob's only function is to hold the adaptor cover in place. The flat piece with the diagnal slit moves to engage & disengage cogs. Looks as i the mandrel is also a part of the adaptor set as can be seen from the photo's.

I'll make some better lit photos on the weekend when I am home during sunshine hours.
Attachments
gbk3.jpg
gbk2.jpg

ChuckA
Victor III
Personal Text: Learn from the mistakes of others - You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Post by ChuckA »

Sure looks like a combination attachment. Can you see how the gears engage for the two speeds?

I have weird combination attachment on a BM, never saw another and no one I've shown it to has either.

Chuck

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

I was just looking at Howard Hazelcors's impressive "Columbia Companion" and there in the description of BK, he stated that a 2-4 minute adaptor was available as an optional extra. Does anyone have the "official" adaptor that Columbia marketed? (was there one?)

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Sidewinder wrote:I was just looking at Howard Hazelcors's impressive "Columbia Companion" and there in the description of BK, he stated that a 2-4 minute adaptor was available as an optional extra. Does anyone have the "official" adaptor that Columbia marketed? (was there one?)
I don't have one, but I've seen them and they look nothing like the device pictured above.

George P.

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

Thanks very much for the info.