My June 2018 "The Antique Phonograph" arrived today!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
billybob62
Victor III

Re: My June 2018 "The Antique Phonograph" arrived today!

Post by billybob62 »

phonogfp wrote:
Phonofreak wrote:Still waiting for mine. I have no idea why it takes so long for us on the West Coast. Especially since these come from CA.
Harvey Kravitz
These are actually mailed out from Wisconsin. :)

You should be getting yours very soon, Harvey. The steps taken to insure timely delivery seem to be working. After all, this issue isn't due until June!

George P.
Thanks, George. That explains it. Now we know.

TinfoilPhono
Victor IV

Post by TinfoilPhono »

My goal has always been for everyone to receive their issue as close as possible to the first of the month of the cover date. That worked pretty well for almost 14 years. There has always been some variation in delivery dates, which is true for any magazine, but it worked well. Apparently the post office has been undergoing some changes recently. Our printer/mailer said this a few weeks ago:
Unfortunately we cannot control what the Post Office does once we deliver the mail to them and their customer service is pretty much non-existent. Lately mail is taking longer due to significant staff cutbacks in the USPS and their reliance on machines instead of people seems to be creating more problems.
After very serious delivery delays for the recent December and March issues I pushed the deadline for article contributors and advertisers back in order to get the issue to the printer at least a week earlier than usual, and coordinated with them to be sure we got on press immediately with no production delays. We also upgraded the service level, at much higher cost, in the hopes that it would speed deliveries.

The fact that several people are reporting that they have received issues as early as May 15 means that it's working. Some of us may still have to wait another week (my copy typically comes at least a week or sometimes two after first reported deliveries) but I'm pretty confident that almost everyone will have it in hand before the June cover date.

As always, I can hardly wait for my printed copy. Obviously I read every article in great depth before publication since I do all the editing and layout. But somehow it's always better, and amazingly new and fresh, when I hold the hard copy in my hands and re-read it leisurely. ;)

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Thank you Rene, for your extra efforts!

I, for one, appreciate what the APS does for the membership, and I hope everyone understands that ours is an all-volunteer organization.

The past year has been one of incredible feats with the online database - an easy to use, and indispensable source of information - having grown exponentially.

Cheers,
Fran
Last edited by fran604g on Sat May 19, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

fran604g wrote:Thank you Rene, for your extra efforts!

I, for one, appreciate what the APS does for the nembership, and I hope everyone understands that ours is an all-volunteer organization.

The past year has been one of incredible feats with the online database - an easy to use, and indispensable source of information - having grown exponentially.

Cheers,
Fran
I second that wholeheartedly!

Andreas

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

I just renewed my APS membership today for 2018... I missed out on the 1st quarter issue this year for 2018, I wonder if APS will send it to me since I just renewed now.. I wonder if the system is intuitive enough to see that I missed the last issue. I guess I'll have to wait by my mailbox and find out..lol..

:o)

Tony K.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

NEFaurora wrote:I just renewed my APS membership today for 2018... I missed out on the 1st quarter issue this year for 2018, I wonder if APS will send it to me since I just renewed now.. I wonder if the system is intuitive enough to see that I missed the last issue. I guess I'll have to wait by my mailbox and find out..lol..

Tony K.
Since APS membership is on a calendar year, renewals always receive any issues they've missed thus far in the year.

George P.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

I just renewed my APS membership today for 2018... I missed out on the 1st quarter issue this year for 2018, I wonder if APS will send it to me since I just renewed now.. I wonder if the system is intuitive enough to see that I missed the last issue. I guess I'll have to wait by my mailbox and find out..lol..

Tony K.

Tony,

If you don't get it, email them. They are great about things like that.

John

edisonphonoworks
Victor IV
Personal Text: A new blank with authentic formula and spiral core!

Post by edisonphonoworks »

I received mine last week, I live in Illinois. The articles on coin op machines are really interesting, and the fiber needles. The look of the current issues are very very nice! I had been a member for so long, that I remember the stapled news letter format.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Got mine today, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Bill

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

I'm sick of hearing you guys bragging every month about this magazine! You have all talked me into joining. (so I can start bragging too :D )