Repainting amberola top section/logo?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Re: Repainting amberola top section/logo?

Post by NEFaurora »

And finally...

Here's the Amberola 30 Dataplate Series 3 Dataplate location...

See Attached pic below:

Note: As these Amberola 30 Machines were being made, when they went from one series to another, certain parts (Including Dataplates and their locations) did overlap in production such as different types of lids (Yes, There were at least two different types), other small parts and so on. The "Dataplates" themselves also evolved and three to possibly 4 different types of "Dataplates" have been noted and observed as well. Nothing is etched in stone, This is just a "General" guide.

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer
Attachments
Amberola 30 Late Series 2 and Series 3 Location Post WWI.jpg
Amberola 30 Late Series 2 and Series 3 Location Post WWI.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 284 times

phonojim
Victor IV

Re: Repainting amberola top section/logo?

Post by phonojim »

I was looking at a friend's Amberola 30 yesterday with this thread in mind. His is an early one with a serial number in the mid 7000s. It has several interesting characteristics: a gold stripe on the edge of the bedplate (front and both sides), a fancy stripe running from the front to the rear of the governor cover, Edison signature behind the mandrel, nickel plated reproducer and an external speed control. The data plate is mounted inside the cabinet to the right of the horn.
I have an Amberola 30 with a serial number of 588XX. It has all of the features mentioned above except for the striping on the bedplate and governor cover. I have included a couple of photos of my friend's machine to illustrate my points.

Jim
Attachments
rear decal.jpg
rear decal.jpg (312.94 KiB) Viewed 253 times
front view.jpg
front view.jpg (253.65 KiB) Viewed 253 times