Columbia Graphophone BS - coin up

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Calle
Victor O

Columbia Graphophone BS - coin up

Post by Calle »

Hello saying from Europe ;)

Wondering if anyone can give me some information: I can buy a Columbia Graphophone BS - coin up, but... as it's not very usual in Europe, I really don't know how much it's worth :?:
As the seller is asking 1.000 Euro (about 1.400 US $), I was wondering: is that too much ???

(hereby a picture of a same machine: http://www.edisontinfoil.com/col-bs.htm)

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Columbia Graphophone BS - coin up

Post by brianu »

have you seen the machine in person? because that sounds way too good to be true... my understanding is that these (and I've been wanting one of these tabletop cylinder coin-ops for a while now) go for at least a few thousand (US dollars), but usually a good deal more - again, depending on condition, the extent of replacement parts involved, etc. I've never seen one for a something in the 1000 to 1500 US range... even in in pretty bad shape with missing parts, these seem to sell for more than that from what I've seen.

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Re: Columbia Graphophone BS - coin up

Post by SonnyPhono »

I agree with Brian. If you can find one in good shape for that price, you should buy it while you have the chance. From what I have seen, that sounds like about half the price that these normally go for. If you have seen it and it's complete, grab it! :)